The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Clipped 5 nails today but quicked one then couldn't find the kwik stop powder (someone took it out of the cabinet it was in) so I had to use corn starch which eventually worked after some blood on the rug but anyway, he laid there a while after, thought it was stopped, and it was, but when he got up a while later, he started bleeding again, blood all over the house, and I didn't have time to clean it up cause we were late for something but I guess I'll clean it up when I get back and pick up some kwik stop powder and peroxide while we're out. Peroxide for the rugs. I should have just stopped at 4 or even 1 but I guess I got a little carried away because he was letting me clip them so I wanted to get as many done as possible

Oh wow! A 3 month sailing trip? How was that? Were you all ready to kill each other after being in such small quarters for that long?

Let me put it this way...it was interesting. I was between moving from KS in April to getting to FL in August so bro kindly offered me a bunk on his sail boat. I flew to George Town, down in the Bahamas and we sailed around those islands for a while. Then went across to the FL coast, sailed up the Intercoastal Waterway all the way to Cape May, NJ. Saw lots of interesting stuff, some beautiful islands and 2 bad storms while out in the Atlantic, but had a pretty good time overall. It was just weird living with my brother and SIL in such confined quarters (a 46' sailboat isn't as much space as you'd think). He's still as bossy as when we were kids.

I wonder if it started out as a 3 hour tour.

:lau

Happy birthday,@getaclue!!!!! (thanks, Cap)

It's also Kendra's birthday today! Seven years old!! Tomorrow is Jenny's, as well as being the 7th anniversary of Kendra's first surgery!

Lots to celebrate B!

So this is for Kendra...
smiley cake.gif
HaPpY BirThDaY pretty girl!

And this is for Jenny...
smiley confetti.gif

Let me put it this way...it was interesting. I was between moving from KS in April to getting to FL in August so bro kindly offered me a bunk on his sail boat. I flew to George Town, down in the Bahamas and we sailed around those islands for a while. Then went across to the FL coast, sailed up the Intercoastal Waterway all the way to Cape May, NJ. Saw lots of interesting stuff, some beautiful islands and 2 bad storms while out in the Atlantic, but had a pretty good time overall. It was just weird living with my brother and SIL in such confined quarters (a 46' sailboat isn't as much space as you'd think). He's still as bossy as when we were kids.

:lau
What a way to be "homeless"!

What a way to be "homeless"!

I was a very cheap deck hand and hauled the anchor, swabbed the deck and cleaned up after their ancient Boston terrier :gig

Saw some cool stuff like the swimming pigs, water so clear you could see fish 10' or more down all the way to the sandy bottom, ate wonderful fresh seafood, saw a guy haul in his day's catch of conch (and clean them), SIL & I sneaked into the pool at a private resort and had a lovely day drinking cocktails with the ritzy class, spent one night listening to hammerhead sharks bumping into the bottom of the boat and saw all 7 types of drawbridges on the ICW part of the trip.

Sailing is like my brother described to me...days spent in idleness punctuated by minutes of chaos.

Plus there was that bossy thing I mentioned. :p

Back
Top Bottom