The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] I love it. Snowball's diaper is precious and so is her "mom". Are you sure that's not one of your family movies ? Somehow I could picture you as that little girl:)

Great idea - and after the experience this morning will have to get him a heavy sedative. He scared the mess out of me I was sure he would break his neck or a leg with all that contortion and spinning in that little box. But at least he has forgiven us and is acting normally.

I did more surfing and am sure he has Corneal Dystrophy - either fat or calcium deposits - So no more whipped cream or cheese treats for Buddy - only low fat cat food :(

2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    We had a lot of different animals when I was growing up but no poultry. The closest we got to birds was a hawk with a broken wing my brother nursed back to health. Once Sidney (the hawk) started eyeballing my little dog, he was turned loose.

Did you have any chickens, ducks or such growing up?

The Corneal Dystrophy...is that something that can be reversed with a restricted diet?

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    There's nothing to do about the corneal issue, just low fat and low calcium diet and hope for the best. It doesn't cause him any discomfort but one spot is to the side of his pupil so bet he has some field deficits in vision - but he can still catch a mosquito in the dark.

I was always around chickens but never had my own. Dad did raise quail but I never was allowed to bond with them.

Only dogs - no cats til I was grown up.

But had a baby squirrel and a dove we rescued from a hurricane when I was really young. And inherited a couple of really mean gerbils from some really mean kids once.

DH brought home Krispy Kreme chocolate donuts today - they are a lot better than those green ones [​IMG]

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Mean gerbils? I don't like them personally but I didn't know they could be mean.

Score on the KK chocolate doughnuts!

5. DigMyChicks

DigMyChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2015
    Appleton, MN

6. DigMyChicks

DigMyChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2015
    Appleton, MN
    Oops...went in the wrong spot, I'm a feisty half pint [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Bashful, Bashful [​IMG] that's me. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Bashful blokes don't prance around in kilts Sour! Brave ones, yes, bashful ones, I'd say no.

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Morning Chris!

I see from today's menu of holidays which one I'm celebrating...the one I have the most personal experience with...

[​IMG]

Finally, a holiday I can really get into. Yeah, National Awkward Moments Day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by