The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    No need to apologise! You remembered that i like rugby and thats very thoughtful in itself and I'm grateful for that! Anyway, its only sport, not life or death so it doesn't rank that highly in the big scheme of things.

I did wonder when i saw your post what you were doing up so early on a Sunday - I'm hoping you were putting a nice slab of belly pork in the oven on a slow roast, ready for lunchtime - apple sauce, roast spuds, veg and Y/puds as a starter (gosh, my mouth is watering right now [​IMG]). Not sure if i will make it, but i may be back to Gods own country in the summer (who knows, maybe it might be warm [​IMG]).

Clocks change next week and I'm sure you are looking forward to that!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    our clock's had to be changed a week ago. What a nuisance. Glad I don't have a clock factory.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Thanks but I do feel guilty :smack

Good guess there as we are having a nice pork cackling joint for Sunday lunch but not until mid afternoon. Was wide awake at 4 :eek: Had a bad ear most of the week so now I have temperature so was cooking!! Must be infected so a trip to the quacks may be in order tomorrow.

:fl it is a warm summer!! And that you get to make it back.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Me too or a clock shop :gig

Some of them I just don't change as its too much hassle. My van does it automatically like my phone and iPad which suits me but the other halfs pick up does not :( In fact it's still on British summer time from last year!!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Please don't feel guilty Kim - its nothing.

Sorry about your ear issue - gosh they can be really painful (mine get like that when DW chelps [​IMG]) hope you have taken paracetamol to deal with the fever.

Nothing better than lots of crackling! I've been known to eat it until i feel ill - and not when i was a kid - i mean now!

Hope you have a great Sunday and that your puds turn out well!

6. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Ugh, no internet this morning...off to catch up!

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Blooie, that's too funny about those people feeling sorry for the poor woman that has to sew her own blankets! I've seen your quilts and they are gorgeous!

Kim, sorry about the bad ear...hope it's better soon. Have you set your Tolbunt eggs yet?

Morning DD, I'm with you on having to change clocks. What a nuisance!

Hi Phil!

8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Good morning Debby, what happened to your internet?

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I think DH broke it by spending most of last night writing a resume and cover letter. Just plain burned it up, lol.

Seriously, we have to have some of the worst connections anywhere in the U.S.. It comes and goes for no apparent reason. But usually shuts down for a bit at 5am. Quits when it's windy. Or raining. Or lots of clouds in the sky. Or when I look at it cross-eyed.

10. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi Debby! Great you have the interwebber working again!! Such a pain when it goes off :( We had to get a new hub as it went off more times than it was on. It seems to have done the trick and is a bit more reliable. (Touch wood!)

Yes I have the tolbunt eggs set :yesss: Collected them on Thursday so they are on day 3 right now.
    [​IMG]

I have 7 on track from my first batch of eggs that are on day 15 and they are going in the nasty incubator for hatch time ~

[​IMG]

I just hope it behaves itself this time as its very sporadicall and needs lots of babysitting :/

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by