The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sue loves nap time. ;)
I totally understand why :D
Yes, I love nap time but it's not long enough . They get less than an hour when you figure how long it takes to fall asleep
Our’s usually get 1.5...depending on who wakes up first. Some can lay quietly others are noisy.

Good catch on the time zone thing, I would have slept through that class for sure. What sort of class are you going to take Bob?
It's a Nintex class, a product that manages forms and workflows for SharePoint. They are really powerful tools, but I've been struggling to figure out all their various approaches. Simple things seem way too difficult, while hard things seem way too easy. I need that one on one instructor time to get my head around some of the simple things that seem way too hard. When I say simple things, I mean there are a dozen languages I can write the code in and it's simply a no-brainer, but seems very hard and complicated with this tool.

It's a Nintex class, a product that manages forms and workflows for SharePoint. They are really powerful tools, but I've been struggling to figure out all their various approaches. Simple things seem way too difficult, while hard things seem way too easy. I need that one on one instructor time to get my head around some of the simple things that seem way too hard. When I say simple things, I mean there are a dozen languages I can write the code in and it's simply a no-brainer, but seems very hard and complicated with this tool.

I wouldn't be able to stay awake for that at 8am, forget 10pm.

Hope the one on one class helps!

:frow Good morning Jae, have a wonderful day. Thank you mine has been. Just got off facetime with the grandkids. Want to laugh at me with Timezones??? Yesterday I signed up for a class 1:00 AEST... Didn't even notice the "A"... Yup an Aussie company and I now have a class scheduled that starts at 10:00PM my time. Not gonna happen, must reschedule :gig
X2 :jumpy:jumpy

For those of us who have ducks, we time how long water goes from clear to dark in the pool in minutes. :gig

Oh boy, that's a bit late for a class! Timezones are so confusing!

I had read that about ducks. 🤣 I've seen the evidence too. Someone on the duck forum posted a photo and apologised for the murky water in their pool - she had only just changed it. The duck people were quick to reassure her that was completely normal and nothing to apologise for. Ours can go jump in the pond if they want a swim (once they are big enough). That's already murky and muddy, though full of bug life. Hopefully the geese won't mind sharing.

Oh boy, that's a bit late for a class! Timezones are so confusing!

I had read that about ducks. 🤣 I've seen the evidence too. Someone on the duck forum posted a photo and apologised for the murky water in their pool - she had only just changed it. The duck people were quick to reassure her that was completely normal and nothing to apologise for. Ours can go jump in the pond if they want a swim (once they are big enough). That's already murky and muddy, though full of bug life. Hopefully the geese won't mind sharing.

What breed of geese do you have Jae? (Sorry if you already said and I missed that.)

What breed of geese do you have Jae? (Sorry if you already said and I missed that.)

They are feral geese that have adopted us. They were here before we started doing the site works then they moved next door, but in the height of the drought they moved back here in search of grass and have slowly got used to us. They will be English Greylag geese and there looks to be one boy and three girls.

Geese.jpg

The poor things last night had DS coming at them from one angle, myself, DH and DD coming at them from another and 7 hungry heifers racing in from another (we were going down to give them some hard feed). I enjoy having them around and they look so beautiful when they flap their big wings. They spend their days on or by the pond, or grazing nearby (and fertilizing - they are good at that)!

Having not heard the sound of rain on the roof at night for about 6 months it now keeps waking me up. :lol: But we desperately need it. We were on the verge of having to buy water for our water tanks again.

Hope everyone is having a good day. My smaller Muscovy eggs are looking very full all of a sudden. The lady I got them off said hers hatch on day 32 but she puts them in with all her other eggs - no special treatment. But that's still a week away. I did have a couple of temperature spikes but nothing serious. I'm getting excited.
We are now moving into our dry time. We will not hear rain for about 6 months now.

I read an article today that said the Western United states has been in an historic drought for 20 years now. These droughts can last 100 years! It also turns out that last century was an unusually wet period for the western US. The conclusion was that we need to do something to conserve water over here!

They are feral geese that have adopted us. They were here before we started doing the site works then they moved next door, but in the height of the drought they moved back here in search of grass and have slowly got used to us. They will be English Greylag geese and there looks to be one boy and three girls.

View attachment 2094203

The poor things last night had DS coming at them from one angle, myself, DH and DD coming at them from another and 7 hungry heifers racing in from another (we were going down to give them some hard feed). I enjoy having them around and they look so beautiful when they flap their big wings. They spend their days on or by the pond, or grazing nearby (and fertilizing - they are good at that)!

They sound lovely Jae :love

Back
Top Bottom