The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, everyone.
Hi Sour!
I'm making cole slaw later today and was wondering what to do with the rest of the cabbage. My company cafeteria used to make them and they were so good...big pillowy bread rolls filled with ground beef and shredded cabbage. Mmmm :drool
Yum!! Baked cabbage with Bacon, cream and butter?

Good morning everyone.
@DigMyChicks I'm sorry, maybe I missed it but what's wrong with the old well?
It’s been going bad for years. We get tons of rust and had to put a special filter on in the house. They replaced the tank last year to get us thru the winter. The water pressure sucks so we’re hoping that is improved with a new well. You don’t dare flush the toilet if someone’s in the shower. It was put in back in 1956 so it’s done it’s time.

It’s been going bad for years. We get tons of rust and had to put a special filter on in the house. They replaced the tank last year to get us thru the winter. The water pressure sucks so we’re hoping that is improved with a new well. You don’t dare flush the toilet if someone’s in the shower. It was put in back in 1956 so it’s done it’s time.
Ah, yes I'm familiar with issues like that. We had a well when I was a kid on the farm and had to have a new one.

We had well water for the first 8 years, rust would settle to the bottom of any glass etc.
Just took showers - nobody wanted to bathe in rusty water. My parents used to go to my cousins house in Chicago, with a zillion washed out milk bottles and bring water home.

Ha -they were taking it from cousins garden hose. The hose was not safe for human consumption.

Then the village brought Chicago water to us - much, much better but , expensive!!

Hi Bob and everyone. Waiting for bus to get to grocery store. I need everything, probably will forget and end up with nothing. No matter where I write a grocery list I lose it. Bus driver gives me a note saying when she is coming back to get me. Lose that right away too.

Too much going on and too little brain power to deal with it. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom