The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

A knee replacement or two is likely in my future. Maybe the left hip but is is in better shape than the knee.
Could be if you get the knees done the hip might last a bit longer.

She is now 80 and will not have a knee replaced due to being too old
My uncle and my FIL both had their knees (1 for Uncle, both for FIL) in their 80s.

I don't care how old a person is, there is no reason to just live with the pain and lack of mobility, if something can be done!
EXACTLY! Unless the person figures they are going over the rainbow in the not distant future.

Aha, now I know what happened...they turned yours on and mine off! :lol:
Debby, don't you know the Law of Conservation of Energy??
Hers had to come from somewhere, you drew the short straw this time.

Next time I make them I'm going to try your recipe. The Tajin is problematic for us due to salt content, but I can make it without the salt and go from there. Ironically, I have the dried peppers and dried lime in my pantry. I may kick up the heat a bit as well with some chipolte. But I really like what I see and need to give it a shot. Never thought to broil it to kick up the flavor. I'm going to try that technique with some of my other recipes and see how it goes. Yup, I steal techniques all the time.
The secret to the Tajin is the lime! I think what you're planning will work perfectly! I use cayenne sometimes when I want to kick up the heat! The braising really makes a difference! I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Could be if you get the knees done the hip might last a bit longer.

My uncle and my FIL both had their knees (1 for Uncle, both for FIL) in their 80s.

EXACTLY! Unless the person figures they are going over the rainbow in the not distant future.

Debby, don't you know the Law of Conservation of Energy??
Hers had to come from somewhere, you drew the short straw this time.
I won't wait to get the replacement when I need it. I like walking around too much

Bob, where did you find dried lime? I'd love to have that in my pantry.
Not sure. Either Firehouse Pantry or Spices etc. I bought a quart. If you look at both, hide your wallet. Also I have a couple others I can introduce you to, again hide your wallet. I've spent a lot of time trying to find freeze dried or dehydrated ingredients.

Not sure. Either Firehouse Pantry or Spices etc. I bought a quart. If you look at both, hide your wallet. Also I have a couple others I can introduce you to, again hide your wallet. I've spent a lot of time trying to find freeze dried or dehydrated ingredients.
I just found it at Firehouse Pantry, they have a bunch of different ones! I'm going to get the lime, lemon & orange! Then I'm going to see how they work when making the Carnitas! Thank you for the information Bob! :)

I just found it at Firehouse Pantry, they have a bunch of different ones! I'm going to get the lime, lemon & orange! Then I'm going to see how they work when making the Carnitas! Thank you for the information Bob! :)
What is the price per ounce?

What is the price per ounce?
Almost .61 cents! I've decided to do a little more looking, this is made using corn syrup solids and I try to watch how much sugar I use! I was wondering how they dried it into a usable substance. Hopefully I can find something different, if not I will just keep using the fresh or when not available the reconstituted juice!

Back
Top Bottom