The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Almost .61 cents! I've decided to do a little more looking, this is made using corn syrup solids and I try to watch how much sugar I use! I was wondering how they dried it into a usable substance. Hopefully I can find something different, if not I will just keep using the fresh or when not available the reconstituted juice!
Maybe the ones you found were candied?

I do need to get some lime and lemon juice concentrate

Maybe the ones you found were candied?

I do need to get some lime and lemon juice concentrate
It wasn't labled as such...they spray the juice onto corn syrup solids and that's how they dry it...who knew! Even worse would be Maltodextrin! I'll do some more searching!

Edit to add looks like they use either Corn Syrup Solids or Maltodextrin...sigh!

The pulled chicken was good Debby. 3 out of 4 of us liked it. My oldest son is not a chicken lover unless it’s coated and fried. I broiled it on low for a while as it produced alot of juice. I will make it again. I thought it would be very strong but it’s not. We had fresh green beans and fried potatoes...straight from the garden.

6D4C4C53-0F5A-4D20-8243-93AB0BA43580.jpeg

The pulled chicken was good Debby. 3 out of 4 of us liked it. My oldest son is not a chicken lover unless it’s coated and fried. I broiled it on low for a while as it produced alot of juice. I will make it again. I thought it would be very strong but it’s not. We had fresh green beans and fried potatoes...straight from the garden.

View attachment 2281157
That looks so good! I'm going to try Debby's recipe too!

Good evening all. It was a crazy busy day but I got a lot accomplished despite work at the salt mine. Brooder is clean, bunny enclosure is clean, plants have been fed and watered. We had a late dinner of Pho, ordered rather than homemade tonight. There's a place up the road that makes a good beef version. Thanks for the recipes Debby and doc, I bookmarked them both. Have a great weekend everyone.

Good evening all. It was a crazy busy day but I got a lot accomplished despite work at the salt mine. Brooder is clean, bunny enclosure is clean, plants have been fed and watered. We had a late dinner of Pho, ordered rather than homemade tonight. There's a place up the road that makes a good beef version. Thanks for the recipes Debby and doc, I bookmarked them both. Have a great weekend everyone.
Are you talking about my recipe? You're welcome! I should let you know that dr stands for my husband & my initials...I've used it since 1998, but when I started using it I didn't realize people would call me doc, you are the third person to do so. Sorry for being misleading...I didn't intend to do so...lol! Just call me Rene'! 💞

Sounds like you got a lot done! I love Pho! 😊

Not sure. Either Firehouse Pantry or Spices etc. I bought a quart. If you look at both, hide your wallet. Also I have a couple others I can introduce you to, again hide your wallet. I've spent a lot of time trying to find freeze dried or dehydrated ingredients.

Thanks for the info on Firehouse Panty Bob, I just spent the last 30 minutes checking it out. I see an order in my future!

View attachment 2281157

Glad most of you liked it DMC! Your dinner sounds good. I must cook my chicken a lot longer in the crockpot, I don't have a lot of extra juice. We had ours for dinner last night on top of baked potatoes...never had it that way before but we both really liked it!

There you are IM, I was wondering where you were hiding!

Back
Top Bottom