The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hey Debby! Glad all is well on the Caddy Shack ranch! Get the staff trained and you can have all the time off you want
smile.png

"Caddy Shack Ranch"...I like that!

I'm getting closer to being able to leave the 2 "kids" alone a bit. That's how DH refers to my helpers...the kids, lol.

Today DH and I had to go into town to get work stuff done and while we were out we stopped in a furniture store found the perfect sofa AND a fabulous slightly used office chair. Plus, they delivered it all to us today.

AND tomorrow we're getting a washer/dryer installed. That's courtesy of the wonderful plant manager's wife we met last week. She's in the middle of a billion things but took time to come out to meet us...now that's a lady that can move mountains around this place. She also has things lined up to get our house painted so we won't be the neighborhood eyesore (she has to look at us too, we live right down the road).

Now I'll be very cozy here in my little retreat in the basement listening to the hum of clothes tumbling. Ahhh, a spot of peace.

Sorry to ramble...just pleased to see things falling into a place (at least a bit at a time).

Thats not rambling, Debby - tis sharing and its great to hear that after a month of being there, you are beginning to build a home, instead of living outta boxes
smile.png
Great that you have found some helpful people around you - very important for one's sanity. Do make sure you have a look at the colour of the paint before work on your house begins - you could end up being the new folks around, with the purple house!

Paint of just about any color would be an improvement. I'm not too worried (she says now).

It's already after 10pm, past my bedtime. Been good to chat Chris, see you and the rest of the rowdy mob tomorrow!

Good Morning everyone. Hope today is a good day for all.

@N F C Glad you found a chair, didn't realize you did not have a sofa - Hope they do deliver those today so you can have a place to relax.

Also nice to get the "cottage" painted. Maybe the plant manager's wife could help get you some shelves?

Good morning!

We have a gorgeous rosy pink and blue morning happening outside and if I remember right, it will only be in the low 70's. Should be a beautiful day.

Sour, we're settling in quite well. A few more inconveniences taken care of and we'll be sitting pretty. Congrats on your beagles yesterday (I think it was then?).

Sunflour, we brought very little furniture with us. Mainly just our bed, my small recliner, desk and our porch table and chairs. Since we didn't know for sure the size of the rooms and I didn't have space in the U-Haul trailer, it was easier to leave it behind (all was sold or given away). Worked out ok though, a nice couple in town has a decent furniture store and we don't need a lot.

Hey DMC, so are all your kids out of school now?

Back
Top Bottom