The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

i noticed today that wally world still had t paper, but they didn't didn't have the 24 cartons of pepsi products, stock person said they probably wouldn't until sometime after the first of the year, guess i better get some more dr.pepper and tea bags cause i do not drink plain water
things seem to be so called normal here, most people are wearing their masks, but i did see people not wearing them too
Costco and walmart have been out of TP for several weeks now. Cleaning supplies too

Our governor is trying hard not to do a lockdown here. Tucson has a curfew until 12/23. 10 P to 5 A unless you’re commuting to/from or working.
We have had a curfew for a while now. Hopefully the vaccine will kick in soon!

I’m wondering how long the immunity lasts from it though. If people are getting sick more than once that concerns me. No shot for us unless that’s figured out.

I guess one of the things I wonder about with the vaccines...there have been medicines in the past that looked beneficial and then they find out the horrible consequences later. Take Thalidomide for example, at one time it was used to treat morning sickness. When I worked at the state neurological institute, we had a few of the severely handicapped babies due to that.

Guess I'm not 100% comfortable that any long term effects are known at the time they begin administering a Covid vaccine. I'm still up in the air on deciding for myself to get a shot or not.

I guess one of the things I wonder about with the vaccines...there have been medicines in the past that looked beneficial and then they find out the horrible consequences later. Take Thalidomide for example, at one time it was used to treat morning sickness. When I worked at the state neurological institute, we had a few of the severely handicapped babies due to that.

Guess I'm not 100% comfortable that any long term effects are known at the time they begin administering a Covid vaccine. I'm still up in the air on deciding for myself to get a shot or not.
I totally understand that. I also wonder about the long term consequences of the disease itself. There’s still so much that we don’t know, I’m good without the vaccine and I’ll stay home.

I’m wondering how long the immunity lasts from it though. If people are getting sick more than once that concerns me. No shot for us unless that’s figured out.
From what I have been reading, six months to a year. Re infections are said to be rare and may actually be a different strain.

The ones coming out are two shots spread apart and then likely re vaccinated in a year.

Back
Top Bottom