The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I just read through the cake recipe and found this sort of funny. The frosting has 11 oz. of cream cheese, 6 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and 2/3 cups of butter. But the liquid used to make it all spreadable is 2% milk. Why go with 2%, are we worried about the extra calories of whole milk at this point?

I say live it up and go for the whole milk, lol.

It is a fantastic looking cake!

I could use some cake...the ball joints aren't falling out of this van....and then it didn't help when the guy stopped over and yaked for an hour.

When all else fails Phil, kick it and cuss. Always seems to work around here!

I got the old ones out.....and the bearing too....I'll finish this side today do the other in the morning...they're calling for 11" of snow tonight....I'll celebrate later with Twinkies.....actually NFC...I'm very patient when it comes to working on cars.....unlike some of my old co workers.....looking forward to that Twinkies

That pecan cake looks scrumptious- I've never had one. Cakes do not come out well in my over so I've been making cupcakes which are easier to eat too. Just stand over the waste basket, discard cupcake paper, gobble up several cupcakes to see if they are good enough to share . Somehow I never seem to have enough to share. My cupcake pan only makes 12
sad.png

I just read through the cake recipe and found this sort of funny. The frosting has 11 oz. of cream cheese, 6 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and 2/3 cups of butter. But the liquid used to make it all spreadable is 2% milk. Why go with 2%, are we worried about the extra calories of whole milk at this point? I say live it up and go for the whole milk, lol. It is a fantastic looking cake!
Sort of like the day I put a 12 pack of pop in my shopping cart. I looked down at it and a blinding light hit me - caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper? Um, good grief, Diane! Why bother?? I put it back and got high octane Coke instead.

Back
Top Bottom