The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Guess goats and chickens have a lot in common, my hens jump into treat trays .LOL

Castration bands :/   Hope that's not painful.  Gee, thought it was Christmas Decorated horns.
Guess pushy animals all around, the band's are a bit kinder than the alternative of sawing them off, they don't like them bumped during the process, I'm not sure there's a nice way of dehorning.

Castration bands
hmm.png
Hope that's not painful.

ep.gif
hide.gif

Those bands are no joke, just ask our former boy goat. And they weren't on his horns either. OUCH!

Back in my dairy days, we used dehorning paste on the calf's horn buds before they got any size to them. Has that product been had/banned by O S A H like so many others?
Scott
I don't think it's been banned, it should be, such caustic chemicals, that needs to be applied when the kids are a few days old, same as the burning they do, I didn't get these until they were eight weeks old, so banding or sawing, they were banded for the original intention last year.

Morning to you! What's up with you today, are you all better?

We got our first breath of cool weather here today. I can't say cold because people laugh at me when I say 60* is chilly (but it is, really!). Funny, I let the chickens out to do their morning run around the garden play time, they stayed just long enough to eat a treat and then headed back into the run. They didn't want to stay outside because of the breeze. Chickeny chickens.

Morning to you! What's up with you today, are you all better?

We got our first breath of cool weather here today. I can't say cold because people laugh at me when I say 60* is chilly (but it is, really!). Funny, I let the chickens out to do their morning run around the garden play time, they stayed just long enough to eat a treat and then headed back into the run. They didn't want to stay outside because of the breeze. Chickeny chickens.
I'm all well now thank you :). 60* is chilly!
ep.gif
That is a beautiful day to me
lol.png
! I hope you and your chickeny chickens don't freeze to much
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom