The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Teila do you ever have WINTER, what is it like? I'm thinking anything lower than 95 degrees. We are having extremely odd weather, it is 65 degrees and sunny. Which is great outside. Inside is low 60's because it's too warm for heat to go on.
hu.gif

Hey Diva

Hhhm, no, we do not really do Winter … our overnight lows rarely drop below 48F and the maximum hovers around the 77F mark in winter. We get the majority of our rain in Summer [tropical] and Winter is dry.

So, while we do break out the ugg boots or slippers, tracky dacks and windcheaters and snuggle under the doona in the winter evenings [are you Googling those?
wink.png
], nothing like what you have.

We do not have or need any means of heating the house. No fires, no heaters etc and if we do happen to feel a little chilly in the evening while watching television, just throw a blanket over ourselves.

In the 6 years in this house I have not ever closed the majority of the windows, including the bedroom.

Last edited:
Everybody's bantams are gorgeous (I love bantams). Teila, my Mum has a large Langshan and she is the sweetest, calmest, most serene bird. Bantam Langshans are few and far between in NZ.

And I loved the cat photos. So gorgeous!

Just wanted to share a few photos of my own. The finches are doing fantastically, though they don't have as many feathers as the older babies did at the same age. I do think their poor mother was doing all the feeding and it being her first time she just couldn't keep up. The baby Bourkes are gorgeous too. It's so hard not to sit and cuddle them all day.

Please excuse dirty faces. The food gets everywhere at feed time (though we are all improving on not getting it quite so far) and I'll think I've managed to wipe them clean, then next feed I'll find heaps I missed which has now set hard as concrete!

Valentine

Luvy

Rosie Posie on the left and Pie on the right (named by my DD). They get so cuddly after a feed. Pie was the one getting the lions share of the food in the nest, whereas Rosie is a lot quieter and not nearly as strong. Pie turns into a giraffe at feed time, standing up so tall and he even tries to steal food off Rosie, chirping loudly all the while. At least I can make sure Rosie gets all that she needs. They are both super sweet and now associate me with food. They were a bit scared for the first day especially, but now they guzzle down the food.

Your birds are growing quickly, they are finally starting to look like birds.

I personally can't move very well from my "It's warm out so let's go do too much outside." It has been a wonderful day today. We are running out of snow.

@drumstick diva I asked way back about some stuff you recommended to put on necks to stop pecking it began with an E can you let me know - maybe I can find something here. It is just I have one chick that is being pecked/attacked - have separated her and Chisi protects her but thought it best to bring her insdie for a while

Back
Top Bottom