The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Figured there was no better photo to test how that works than this one! This was taken on Friday. We were focused on two different cameramen, but it still makes my heart happy.

Upper starting from the left: Ron, Bev and Lori Seated: Linda and me

So hard to believe yet that on May 1-3 Linda was on life support. She's very frail and weak, and needs help to walk, but by golly she's HERE! And so is her giggle and her smile!View attachment 548192
Wow, that's wonderful news. I had been wondering how you and her have been doing. Your family is a feisty lot.

Boy, you aren't kidding, OHLD....she is as tough as they come. She packs a whole lot of stubborn into that 4'11 frame of hers. They still don't know exactly what happened, but believe it was somehow seizure related. They suspect what she did was have a seizure sometime during the night and her head dropped forward enough to compromise her airway somewhat. She has slept sitting up on the couch since she got home after her aneurysm 5 years ago, so that's possible - at least it's a theory and that's more than we had before.

I can't imagine sleeping like that Blooie, but understand having to do what you have to do. Maybe being feisty comes with being short, I'm short, and you can't keep me down either. Your family is full of fighters.

Hi everyone!

Blooie, Linda is looking great - so glad she's on the up and up. She sounds like one tough cookie.

My aviary is now mouse free! I had society finch eggs disappearing (sadly all their eggs have been eaten) and I caught a mouse in there one day which slipped through my quarter inch mesh easily to escape. Then as I was cleaning the aviary out before my DH put on the last bit of fine mesh (to make sure that mouse hadn't come back) I discovered a nest of 4 baby mice. They looked to be about 3 days old. I felt bad but they were dispatched of and my birds are now safe. My Java female is on eggs again and they are due at the end of the week. Thankfully the mice hadn't found her. It would be nice for her to raise a brood of babies successfully.

The Java babies with nibbled toes are really gorgeous at the moment, just starting to test out their wings. My older three are looking very mottly as they moult into their adult colours. I'll try to get some photos of them.

I also, despite the cold nights and chilly days we've been having, have a very broody Orpington! She only yells at me as I dig around under her (not easy) to see if she's filched any eggs. She's one of those hens who you're lucky to get 10 eggs out of before she turns broody. What fun!

So hard to believe yet that on May 1-3 Linda was on life support.

It is a miracle, so glad she is doing well.

I really missed this thread, hopefully soon things will settle down and get back to "normal".

Off to work, maybe the real move will be done today.

Wooo hooo! Hello Friends!

Blooie wonderful picture and great news about Linda!

I have so much news! But so little time!

Puddy cats and chookens arrived safely at their new home .. all in one piece!

I will try and catch up with everyone soon and find some time to navigate the new look but just wanted to say that I missed you all and it is wonderful to see you all again!

:hugs

I will try and catch up with everyone soon and find some time to navigate the new look but just wanted to say that I missed you all and it is wonderful to see you all again!

So glad to see you Teila. Good news that the cats and flock are safe and in their new home.
The new format takes awhile to navigate - I was off during the transition and visited the sister site for experience, but still am overwhelmed.

I'm off to work, hope to see more friends find their way back.

Good to see you also!:hugs
Scott

Back
Top Bottom