The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oh, Debbie....what a day for you! I'm so glad no one was hurt, just a little inconvenienced. So, um, how's that part time working out for ya? <ducking> Take care and be careful on that cleanup. Things can happen then, you know. :hugs

Silly girl...you know that "part time" thing was never going to last. I was just fooling myself. Want to know what 2 weeks of "part time" looks like on my last pay stub? How about "80 hours of regular time and 79.50 hours of overtime". Am I talented or what? I fit 4 weeks of work into 2!

The money's nice as long as I'm still kicking at the end of the season to spend it.

I've been holding a spot open for you whenever you're ready to come on down and go to work :plbb

What a coincidence. I got a ton of stuff to do before 13 members of my Sioux Falls family come for a visit in June and I have a spot open for a caterer of wonderful food! Oh, wait....that's in late June, around the 23rd or so. You might still be getting snowed in down your way and unable to get up here! Guess they'll get cereal and pine floats.

That's unbelievable those hours!

Blooie, your family will be happy with the cereal and pine floats because you'll all be together. Wish I could be a fly on the wall to hear some of those family stories!

So instead of the usual work day, we'll all be on the clean up crew which is fine

Glad you and your DH are ok, that sounds like y'all had a tornado. Personally I'd rather fix coffee and sandwiches for the clean up crew :)

You are working too much - wish you could get some help to let you have more time for you.

pine floats

What are pine floats? Are the 13 your family? - how nice to have so many to get together with.

Glad you and your DH are ok, that sounds like y'all had a tornado. Personally I'd rather fix coffee and sandwiches for the clean up crew :)
you.

What are pine floats? Are the 13 your family? - how nice to have so many to get together with.
A pine float is a glass of water with a toothpick floating in it. Dad used to tell us that when we'd ask what was for supper.

The 13 will be my sister Lori, her hubby Steve, their oldest daughter and her daughter, their youngest son, wife, and their 3 kids, and their oldest son, his wife, and their 2. It should be a lot of fun. Not nearly enough room for them in this little 10x60 single wide mobile home, but they'll be staying in a motel in nearby Lovell. We're going to caravan into Yellowstone (that should be fun trying to keep all those vehicles together in the height of the tourist season!) and then just spend a lot of time outside relaxing, partying, and soaking in our hot tub, barring blizzards and tornadoes. I'm excited - this is only the second time in 20 years anyone has come. The first was in 2007 when Jamie graduated from high school and Lori and Steve, Linda and Russ, their son Brett and his girlfriend and my brother Ron came out to be here for it. Jamie's mom and dad couldn't be bothered. <sigh> That time they were only here for 2 days. This time they are staying almost a week. I can't wait!

Our summer is so packed already! We have Grand Lodge in South Dakota June 14th for 2 days, then we drive on to Sioux Falls so Katie can visit her extended family - Jenny's mom, sisters and Katie's cousins. We've done this every year with Katie since she was 5 months old. I don't think there's anything more important than keeping family connections alive and well. Jenny's mom has MS, so coming out here is impossible for her. I just looked at the calendar. We get back from Sioux Falls on the 23rd - the family will be here on the 27th. Yikes, nothing like cutting it close. We'll be bringing Evan back with us from his shortened summer with his dad and other grandparents so that we can leave on the cruise July 8th. Taking Tam, Evan, (actually they bought their own cruise) and Katie on this one. Then the week after we get back from that, we have Grand Lodge in another state (can't remember which) followed by our Grand Lodge in early August, our combined York Rite Sessions in September.....and my special cousin Cathy (of the deer hunting/Milk Dud saga, if you remember that story) and her friend are coming out to enjoy fall in the Park. Those are just the big events. The whole summer is dotted with meetings here, there, and a couple of other Grand Lodge visits I can't remember off the top of my head. I think we have New Mexico sometime in July...that kind of thing. Onward and upward!!

A pine float is a glass of water with a toothpick floating in it. Dad used to tell us that when we'd ask what was for supper.
:hmm And bet y'all got tired of the same joke.

My you have a busy schedule, sounds like a lot of fun.
Hope the weather is perfect for the Yellowstone adventure.

Oh, yeah. That was as bad as when we'd hear pounding on the wall while he sat in the kitchen and we were in another room.
One of us would dutifully ask, "Dad, what are you doing?"
He'd reply, "Beating my head against the wall."
Then another of us picked up the script. "Why?" and we'd wait for the answer we knew was coming.
"Because it feels so good when I quit." Yeah.

Three hours of clean up and I'm back home for a bit. I took some pictures with my I-phone, if I can figure out how to upload them I will. DH and I took a golf cart out onto the course and into the park to survey the damage. Wow. What the storm didn't take out immediately caused several trees to pull up part way out of the ground, root ball & all, so they'll have to come down. No damage to the buildings so that's good. One of the bigger trees that fell came just this close to where my car was parked, whew!

Anyone here good with a rake? Free bbq thrown in to all volunteers!

Blooie, I noticed in your summer adventures there wasn't any mention of working with me. Dag nab it! :lau (Oh and regarding that photo of you sipping away on a jumbo margarita...can you fix me up with a double?)

Back
Top Bottom