The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I think I saw a photo of the tornado you may or may not have had Debby. It was on the Wyoming Through the Lens facebook page, a page dedicated just to photography of Wyoming. Some breathtaking areas in this state, that's for sure. But someone captured a shot of the tornado in the sky just outside of Rawlins. I can't (and won't) take his image and post it anywhere else...but it was impressive!!

I'd love to come and help, and while the rest of you are eating barbeque I'll have a 4 ounce Activia yogurt and a small glass of water, please. <sigh> Still can't swallow. If I tried to make that margarita a double, I'd get it started on Tuesday and might have part of it down by Friday.... :mad:

Growing up in Kansas, I've seen my share of tornadoes. It sure looked like a small one to me. Even some of the strangeness of the damage looked familiar. For example, it totally blew out the large wooden sign right out of the log frame and stone pillars but left DH's shoes up on some stakes where he'd put them to dry yesterday morning.

Nature is a constant wonder.

Guess I'll have to drink that margarita for you. Sigh, the things I do for my friends :p

Hi Debby, hope the clean-up goes well for you. Glad no one was hurt. Hopefully it won't mean more overtime for you!

I do not know how you are squeezing so much work into a week. Before I was homeschooling our kids I was working a 55 hour week doing in-home childcare i.e. looking after 2 babies that got dropped off to my home every day. I hated it because there was no down time. If I wasn't looking after them I was scrambling to keep the house clean and tidy, and look after my pets. Being able to go out for 5 minutes and talk to my chickens was seriously the only thing that kept me going.

I put Tilly, the dove, out in the aviary yesterday. Poor thing - all the other birds are terrified of her. Every time she moved yesterday everyone freaked out! Hopefully they'll be more settled today.

Hope you all don't mind me asking a couple of new format questions (sorry if this has already been asked/answered)...

Are trophies and points the same thing?

And how do you "unfollow" a thread you posted in? For example, I welcome a newbie but don't necessarily want to keep getting alerts that others have welcomed that person (over and over again). I'm having trouble figuring out just the threads I most want to stay in touch with due to the "clutter".

TIA!
(And yes, I am posting at work but you can't tell the Boss Man on me because he's taking a nap at the moment :))

Back
Top Bottom