The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning :frow

The luncheon for the Red Hat Ladies went well yesterday, what a nice bunch of women. They had so much fun and enjoyed the meal, it was a pleasure having them.

Be back soon, need to go find a cup of coffee...

Good morning :frow

The luncheon for the Red Hat Ladies went well yesterday, what a nice bunch of women. They had so much fun and enjoyed the meal, it was a pleasure having them.

Be back soon, need to go find a cup of coffee...

So glad you, and they, had a good time! Hope you have been able to back off your work hours a bit by now.

Good morning to everyone else! (Still morning here for another half an hour or so. :) )

Oh, I need to find our three young bourkes a home before I can't part with them. The other morning all the food bowls were a bit low (I just hadn't realised - I felt a bit bad). When I took the bowl of soaked seed into the aviary the finches were still eating yesterdays lot so I stood and waited for them to finish. Next thing I know I have three young bourkes landing on me to get at those yummy soaked hulled sunflowers. Now they think it's a great game to land on me, nibble at my clothes, feel my skin, and preen my hair. They are so incredibly cheeky and will show off, zooming from one end of the aviary to the other and back again, zooming round me, whistling excitedly and growling at the finches if they dare get on their showing off spot. They are certainly friendlier than our Pie who still doesn't want to have a thing to do with us. My DD got them to land on her this morning as she took in the soaked seed. She was thrilled!

Here are some photos of one on my very freckled arm (I'm a red head):
Cheeky 2.jpg
Cheeky 3.jpg
Cheeky 4.jpg

Diva and Sour - I have to say I haven't been to the movies in ages, but I don't think I'm missing much. The last thing we saw was Beauty and the Beast with the kids (and we hadn't been to a movie at all since my son was born - he's 6 years old)! Considering how much it cost for the four of us we figure you get better value for money buying the DVD.

Our weather has been sunny and pleasantly warm the last few days, but a bit chilly at night. We are supposed to get more rain next week though. Our backyard is muddy enough! My Orpington who was broody awhile ago has started laying again. She laid a very strange egg yesterday (I figure it was her) but it was perfect, if a little elongated, today. I was scared it was a lash egg I'd found but after a bit of research I discovered it was not (thankfully).

Enjoy your weekend everybody!

Back
Top Bottom