The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Yes, hurry up winter, I am too hot, and I can't handle seeing anymore snakes. It doesn't matter that they are just garter snakes either, yuk. Me and Blooie together might make trouble, I'm a known disturber of the peace. :p

"Disturbers of the Peace" would be a great name for a group of BYC'ers working in one place, lol!

We can only be open 6 months (mid-April to mid-Oct) due to water supply issues so YES, we do close for winter. Our last day to be open this season is October 15th.

Come on winter!!! :lol:

P.S. You and Blooie would be fun co-workers, wish you both were here

My Dear N F C, Do you really mean to say that you are forced to take half of a year off of work because they don't have good water? :eek:
Why didn't I find one of those jobs back when I was working a day job?
Scott

Morning!

J, they're so tiny. Hourly feedings? Makes me tired just thinking about it. Best of luck!

DD, your ice cream birthday treats look great, hope you enjoyed them!

DMC, how was the wedding last night? Hope you had fun.

Here's a short story about life on a WY golf course...yesterday DH was chatting with a member out on the course when a rattlesnake and a bird's nest fell out of a nearby tree. DH happened to have a shovel in his cart and quickly took care of it. The end.

Laundry done, time to get dressed and off to work. We have a big lunch order to get out today for a family reunion in the park so I need to make up more sandwich buns. So nice they chose us to feed them :D

Have a fun Saturday everyone!
Hi Debby! I'm glad you weren't standing under that tree when the snake fell!! The wedding was nice. They served tacos which is a first at a wedding reception for me but they were good.

Attachments

• IMG_6551.jpg
    IMG_6551.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6552.jpg
    IMG_6552.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 5
:woot
Only 6pm and I'm home for the evening! We finally had enough coverage to handle dinner so I took the evening off work. Tomorrow will be another story, but I'm relishing every moment tonight :celebrate
I hope you are enjoying your evening home!! We set a live trap tonight...hope theres not a skunk in it in the morning. There's been a coon in the garage. He walks right past the dog apparently. We have never had so many critters. Quinton saw 4 fox the other night at the end of the driveway. We've never been able to have outdoor cats here and we found 7 cats/kittens in the barn as the dog can't kill them anymore. The white one is a twin to our cat Spuds that we found last fall in our grove. He was apparently from that litter. Anyway...should be interesting trying to take care of the critters.

Attachments

• IMG_6553.jpg
    IMG_6553.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6554.jpg
    IMG_6554.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6555.jpg
    IMG_6555.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 3
They served tacos which is a first at a wedding reception

I love it when folks do something different from everyone else :) They are a lovely couple.

should be interesting trying to take care of the critters.

They can only help keep away rodents - wish I could borrow those cuties to lean out my chipmunk and squirrel population.;)

:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau
I love it when folks do something different from everyone else :) They are a lovely couple.

They can only help keep away rodents - wish I could borrow those cuties to lean out my chipmunk and squirrel population.;)
Good morning Sunflour, thank you! I was happy to see those cats out there. They are very scared of us but I was able to get close enough to get those pictures last night. We are feeding them enough to keep them around but still want them to hunt mice. I saw a chicken running with a mouse yesterday with several other girls joining the chase:lauI checked the live trap this morning and there was a coon in there, I felt bad at first and then the dog walked by and it was a whole different story...made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Have a great day all!

:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau
Good morning Sunflour, thank you! I was happy to see those cats out there. They are very scared of us but I was able to get close enough to get those pictures last night. We are feeding them enough to keep them around but still want them to hunt mice. I saw a chicken running with a mouse yesterday with several other girls joining the chase:lauI checked the live trap this morning and there was a coon in there, I felt bad at first and then the dog walked by and it was a whole different story...made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Have a great day all!

Glad you got the coon - if you could see what they do to our flocks, you will have no remorse.

The only problem with feral cats is they multiply :barnie. We once had a couple and then there were 13 :hmm. If you plan to keep them around, you may have to trap them and get them "fixed" ;)

Hope you have a great day.

I'm off for the next three days :ya. Gonna get some peas and butter beans to put in my freezer today. Other than that....absolutely no plans, except continued flock integration work - DH is doing it so well, I can just visit them when I can and otherwise "watch" his progress :)

Back
Top Bottom