The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

What's on your agenda today? I'm off and just plan to be lazy.
Work today!

The big thing is a service call on a Xerox large work group printer. That is always fun. I have to wait for the Tech to come to my office to fix it. There is not much room in my Office and the printer is huge!

Good morning, time to start a new day!

@Blooie thanks :hugs
With a new avatar, I see.....I don't change socks as often as you change avvies....:lau

A belated happy birthday @JaeG . I hope that it was the best day yet.
You might not have been "belated" with your birthday greeting, Michelle...we get so confused with the date changes here that we just sorta pick one that works! ;)

Hope you get some sleep and enjoy your classes tomorrow. What are you studying? You'll get into a routine soon enough.

Thanks! I think I finally fell asleep at 130 or maybe even 2 (I tossed/rolled around a bit first) and woke up around 10 so technically a decent about of sleep but I somewhat feel like I didn't sleep at all haha maybe I didn't have that good or deep of a sleep or something. It's also cold and rainy and foggy though so dark and I'd rather not be up so that doesn't help. Maybe a hot shower WILL help.

And I'm studying behavioral science which I think is under psychology but idk. But I've taken a ton of courses with this one psych (and kinda their only) professor I like who's really nice and funny etc. And like no cores.
:lol:

So now I'm taking like all the cores.

I mean, I did take a few. Like interpersonal communication when I started a few years ago and contemporary social problems. i think both are electives for something but idk what. Cultural anthropology. Those are both with him though except interpersonal communication. But anyway, cores. I took intro to computers and first year seminar (which supposedly I didn't have to take but idk) and english comp 2 (i got out of 1 lol everyone has to take both). Took those last semester or actually maybe only english, seminar was spring. And everyone has to take math i think but we got them to count the math too. So now I have to take a literature elective, a social sciences elective, a history, and a natural science with lab. I'm actually kind of annoyed because at my last school I took geology with a lab and they said it would count as long as it had a lab but then they came back and said it does NOT count because they don't offer geology there. :he:rantBUT. We managed to convince them to count the other courses so I'm not complaining hah

So anyway, I'm taking crime and detective fiction with the same professor I had last semester, american government, US History II (advisor said you don't have to take part 1 first, it's just a different time period), and nutrition and lab. The lab is combined which I'm glad about cause some of the other ones were a separate day or time. She said nutrition was one of the easier sciences but idk. Marine ecology would have been cool but it was a weird time. Other choices were chemistry, biology, microbiology, etc. So I think it'll be okay.

Slightly concerned about 2 gov/hist type classes, possibly work heavy, but it was either that, macro or microeconomics (business classes) or a sociology class and I've already taken the other 3 and didn't want to take general nor drive to the city for more options. I did consider changing my mind last night though after my mom said I should take one to get an easy A which she had a point but i looked and his class is full, of course (though he might have been able to squeeze me in if I asked), plus at the same time as my other classes, and the only other one was A. With some lady and B. At a bad time, late at night. If I'm gonna take it I want it to be with him. So I guess now I'm stuck hah

And the history she said part 1 was like i think she said colonial times to like the civil war? Or maybe a bit later. And part 2 was from whenever that leaves off till now. Part 1 might have been more interesting cause I'm really into the old stuff and had this one at my last school though maybe more modern. And i did have a lot of the older stuff all through grade school. Its like all we did hah so it's okay. Cause the other one was at 730am. No way. Lol

So now on Monday's and Wednesday's from 9am to 10:15am I have crime and detective fiction then 10:30am to 11:45am is American Government. Then Tuesday's and Thursday's I have U.S. History from 12pm to 1:15pm and then Nutrition and Lab from 1:30pm to 3:45pm. So not too bad of a schedule but today and Thursday are my worst days because I am there literally ALL DAY and like no time for a food break so I gotta eat or bring snacks.

I am also nervous because I've never taken this many real classes. Normally it's all his easy ones or one real one. And I failed my last college. Actually I have to retake history cause i failed it before. But this professor seems much nicer and less stuffy and is younger. Although the other professor was pretty cool and nice but still. I think i just never read or did essays so if i do different here it'll be fine. I think we had a huge research paper.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! :hugs It's been a lovely day.

That's good!

Awesome, good for you. I have 2 cleaning jobs today and then I am going to visit my little lady that just moved into the nursing home and just had another heart attack...third in around 6-8 months...tough little lady. Enjoy your day off!

Wow how awful!

Back
Top Bottom