The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Are they always born bald? But adorable!

They are still damp but they dry off so much faster in a toasty brooder than in my incubator (I keep the humidity quite high) so I do the wrong thing and whip them out pretty quick after they hatch. :oops: It amazes me how quickly they dry off under a quail hen when they are hatched naturally too. In the incubator they take hours!

I've had another chick hatch so there are 8 little cuties now. My little quail hen who recently hatched some babies is already laying again too! Her chicks must be about 2 weeks old (though I'd have to look at photos to remember). It's good if she will produce some more as they are unrelated so I can sell birds as pairs (otherwise nobody wants the boys which is crazy because they prefer to be kept in pairs and the boys are prettier than the girls).

Happy Birthday to @MrsMistyReal - have an awesome day!

My chicks are hatching for the Easter HAL. It's my Saturday so they are on schedule for once! 7 have hatched so far.
View attachment 1317626

Very cute boots Cap! :love
d563c18a44fe2f5f6e8596f6622e71bf.gif
you feathered family members are adorable

Happy Birthday @MrsMistyReal, still a pup, er kitten, er chick. Whatever.

Unless you want to grow things other than cactus ;) The best soil is a mix of sand, clay and plant matter.

Make me think of a cartoon, I don't recall who wrote it so I can't find it. The gist is:
Dog makes a disparaging comment about the food.
Owner says "You can talk! Why haven't you talked before?"
Dog says "Up until now the food's been pretty good".

She's just waiting until there is something important to say to the inferior beings :p.
92836.gif

Back
Top Bottom