The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I know today is not at ALL about me obviously and I want to thank everyone who's served and one's who died doing it but UGHHH.

My dad is b****ing because I want my hamburger cooked more.... really???

It's literally like bright red too.....

And I stormed off, which I shouldn't have done, but now I can hear them STILL arguing.... over a freaking hamburger....

They're ridiculous and I'm so stressed out and upset I'm now crying, after the initial anger and throwing stuff phase.

He always gets offended when we say something isn't cooked enough or there's too much pepper on something or whatever, like it's a personal attack, and starts going on about how long it cooked for, etc.... like so? We like ours cooked differently.

It's honestly ridiculous.

Look how red this is too.

Yet he expects me to eat that....

View attachment 1408706 View attachment 1408710 View attachment 1408711

Sorry, I know this is an absurdly ridiculous post, especially on such a serious day but it just really upsets me how he could be so angry and upset over something so petty....
Throw it in the microwave until its done.

Good morning friends :hugs

Blooie I am so very sorry to hear about Tank :( Beautiful pictures of Katie and Kendra!

Debby thank you for sharing that ToW post .. hilarious!

Not much news from me, just trying to finalise everything in my IT role … not counting today, 12 working days to go!

I start my MT role on Monday for 3 hours a day after my IT shift. Going to be working 7AM to 7PM for two weeks but definitely worth the effort.

My leaving became official yesterday with the CEO sending out what was a lovely advisement to others of my resignation. He mentioned my contribution and how my experience will really be missed etc. He and I have since been discussing a few of the reasons I am leaving and he has been understanding and I think also a little shocked. So, I am actually feeling good about sharing with him and hopefully some good may come out of it in the future.

Nice departure Teila

Thank you Diva! I tossed and pondered for ages whether to speak to him but decided that even if just for my benefit, I needed to say something. I couldn't just leave it unsaid.

So, as I mentioned, we have been having good conversations about the issues and he thanked me for my "candour and bravery" for raising them and that he "truly appreciated it."

I know that it is recommended to 'just leave' without burning bridges but I also think it has been beneficial for me and him to have a calm, well reasoned, 'non-venting' conversation about some of the issues which he may not have been aware of because he has relied on his managers to advise him and may be they have not been doing that.

Blooie I am so very sorry to hear about Tank :( Beautiful pictures of Katie and Kendra!

Not much news from me, just trying to finalise everything in my IT role … not counting today, 12 working days to go!

I start my MT role on Monday for 3 hours a day after my IT shift. Going to be working 7AM to 7PM for two weeks but definitely worth the effort.

My leaving became official yesterday with the CEO sending out what was a lovely advisement to others of my resignation. He mentioned my contribution and how my experience will really be missed etc. He and I have since been discussing a few of the reasons I am leaving and he has been understanding and I think also a little shocked. So, I am actually feeling good about sharing with him and hopefully some good may come out of it in the future.
Sometimes they need those rude awakenings to realize what they are losing. You are obviously a valuable employee:hugs

This was going to be my recommendation. Sounds like it's time to spread your wings.

Oh trust me, I want to.

But it's not that easy because we live in a very expensive area and I have the chickens and garden.

I am trying to save up enough though so I can or at least build my own place on the property.

I want to move out West and have a farm/homestead but that is very very expensive and not really practical without a boyfriend or spouse with additional income.

I might at least move to a cheaper area though and live in or near a city or something. Idk.

That's great that he's receptive to your input. It proves that you're a valued employee.

Back
Top Bottom