The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Yep, they’ve been with me for every one of Kendra’s surgeries, her setbacks, my outrage at her diagnosis of being “mentally retarded” - that girl is anything BUT - Katie’s Autism battles, Evan’s struggles with two separate homes, the anniversaries of the loss of my grandson, my issues with one of my daughters, my heart attack and other health problems, my great-niece’s battle with leukemia, Ken’s constant absences, Tam’s housing issues, the devastating loss of my sister last summer, getting rid of my chickens........holy smokes!! I just realized that my life stinks!!! :hit

I wish I could hug you!! Life will always throw curve balls, jo matter what anyone says. There will be trials in our lives. But it is how we deal with them is what shapes us and the future. The people we turn to have even a bigger impact then we think. They are the ones that give us the hope we need to continue the path we choose. They are the ones that keep us lifted when we need. I am so sorry for all the hardships you have encountered, but you wouldnt be who you are or where you are today without them. You would have the knowledge or the friends either. Your life doesnt stink, it is well seasoned with lifes salt. Be proud of the life you live and love it day by day!:hugs

And you forgot margaritas

They don’t count...they’re mostly ice, ice is water, and we’re supposed to drink lots of that to stay healthy. And limes are citrus, to prevent scurvy. Tequila is alcohol, alcohol is a blood thinner, and folks with heart issues need that. It’s also antiseptic, so I’m preventing internal infections. And since our bodies contain salt, I’m just replenishing an essential mineral. So margaritas don’t count.

Love that photo, Phil - he looks so proud of his new friend!

They don’t count...they’re mostly ice, ice is water, and we’re supposed to drink lots of that to stay healthy. And limes are citrus, to prevent scurvy. Tequila is alcohol, alcohol is a blood thinner, and folks with heart issues need that. It’s also antiseptic, so I’m preventing internal infections. And since our bodies contain salt, I’m just replenishing an essential mineral. So margaritas don’t count.

Couldn't have said that better, Blooie! :thumbsup

Brilliant logic! Cheers!
oregonian_winesmiley.gif

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday turned out differently than I imagined it would. I had planned on a day of drinking coffee, some BYC time and a nice nap. Instead, I made an impromptu trip up to Casper with DH...the main water pipe at the golf course cracked so he had to run up there to get some repair pipe. Can't irrigate the course without water and who wants a golf course with no grass? Poor DH, after driving a good part of the day he spent the rest of it in a muddy hole fixing stuff. Glad he's sleeping in this morning (yep, 4:30am is sleeping in).

Ok, catching up...
View attachment 1520888
Cant remember if I posted this one or not but it's too cute not too!!
View attachment 1520889
She is 5 1/2 months now! :eek:

Oh my gosh, your babies are so cute! Love the photo of your toddler with the bird, reminded me of the contest I worked on a couple years ago of (Family & Fowl, DMC won a place on that one #166 ) And your youngest, awwww :love

@N F C, Cape May is my second favorite shore destination. Chincoteague, Va being my favorite. There is a B & B there that we have gone to on our anniversary or for E's birthday. Took the kids and their families there until it got prohibitively expensive.

Cape May was beautiful, I can see why you like it! When I lived with my bro & SIL on their sail boat, that was where our 3-month trip ended. A good place to end for sure!

Aw, all tongue-in-cheek, I assure you.....not the issues, just the conclusion. I love my life! I love facing challenges head on and succeeding or failing on my own merits. I treasure my family members, every one of them, and am so grateful to the Good Lord for putting each of them in my life and holding my hand when another step seemed too hard to take. I am glad that I can be there for them, fight with them, laugh with them, and cry with them, and that they feel the same way about me. And I love being able to sit down at my computer or iPad and connect with my second family. With just the touch of a button, I have friends all over the world. Now how can that kind of life really stink?

:hugs

Good morning Debby and all! I’m glad he was able to repair that pipe and that he had the knowledge to do so. You have a good memory if you can remember who won that contest...I forgot about it. Hubby found me 2 stray baby kittens on Thursday as he was tearing down an old grainery...no mama in sight. I suppose she got scared away as they were well fed. They are eating with my guidance but I haven’t seen any poop so had to google that and will take action shortly:ththen off to a baby shower. That will be fun.

Back
Top Bottom