The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

i told him he could go by himself cause i didn't speak :D
i've been to mexico, once, well a couple of times we went across the border from brownsville , into matamoros, guess it was a old town but didn't really care for it
Yeah, probably going to catch flack for saying this but Matamoros is not a very friendly nor clean border town. Did like the fact that the liquor store was just across the bridge though! :lau the street urchins are a bit much there also.

I hope that you go to see it. The Princess and I generally have the same taste in movies. She like this movie, and I disliked it rather strongly. I am curious to see what you and your husband think of it.
I'm like Elaine from Seinfeld I didn't like The English Patient. I wonder if you're going to join me in the ranks on this movie.

yes, but i expect certain arts of texas to be hotter than here in the panhandle of florida, the panhandle can get quite cold at times but not for very many days at a time, more hit and miss usually. even saw snow here when i was eight years old, until the sun came up, doesn't happen often tho :D
It snowed in St. Petersburg when I was there in 77. My mom packed mittens as a joke. Thank goodness she did.

Yeah, probably going to catch flack for saying this but Matamoros is not a very friendly nor clean border town. Did like the fact that the liquor store was just across the bridge though! :lau the street urchins are a bit much there also.

The one and only time I went into Mexico it was through Brownsville and into Matamoros. You're spot on with the unfriendly, not very clean town. And all the street kids, wow, never seen so much begging.

But it was funny, my roommate and I ran into some other people (ones we didn't know) from our own town down there and we had a good time together at a local establishment :) The downside was going back to Brownsville in the dark and trying to remember where we had parked the car. That part was a bit scary, there were a lot of people hanging out on porches and the street and they seemed to think it was funny yelling in Spanish and throwing beer cans at us.

Back
Top Bottom