The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone. :frow
:frow Morning Sour, have a great day
When we were living in Key West, we saw a help wanted article in the paper. It went something along the lines of "Help wanted. If you have a drug or drinking problem, don't like to work hard and can't show up on time, don't bother to apply...you already work here." :gig

I think a lot of employers can relate!
Debby, I loved that ad... Around here they include words like "must have actual experience with a real keyboard and mouse" And then there's the whole phone thing. Work must stop when there's an incoming text.
Good morning everyone. Sunny again.
:frowMorning cappy have a great day and enjoy the sun, I have liquid sunshine today.

:frow Morning Sour, have a great day
Debby, I loved that ad... Around here they include words like "must have actual experience with a real keyboard and mouse" And then there's the whole phone thing. Work must stop when there's an incoming text.

:frowMorning cappy have a great day and enjoy the sun, I have liquid sunshine today.
What is liquid sunshine?

Bob & Sharron, here's the recipe I mentioned yesterday.

Hot Italian Sausage

5 pounds ground pork
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons paprika
1/4 Cup veg or olive oil
3/4 teaspoon anise seed
3/4 teaspoon fennel seed
1 1/2 to 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes

1. Mix pork, salt, garlic powder, black pepper & paprika in a bowl.
2. In a blender or food processor grind remaining ingredients.
3. Mix all together until well blended.
4. Refrigerate 24 hours to let the flavors blend. Test fry a meatball and adjust spices as desired.
5. Makes about 20 servings (links or patties). Freeze if not cooking right away.

We like ours on the spicier side, so I use the higher amount of red pepper flakes.
I bookmarked this. Won't have pigs to slaughter until late fall, but I'll definitely give this a try.

It's bad out there! Part of what bothers me about the whole hiring process, people come to you looking for a job so you hire them and then they don't want to work. I don't get it.
There's a guy @ my work like that. Constantly whining about being broke, yet always shows up late & wants to leave early. He went to the dentist yesterday and wanted me to take his shift today because he didn't think that he'd feel up to going to work. Give me a break. I went to work every day with an abscess that had my face all swollen. When he is at work he does nothing. His mother is the assistant manager and even she wants to fire him, but the manager won't do it for some unknown reason.

Back
Top Bottom