The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning Chat Folk. Hope that your day is as beautiful as it is here.

Good morning everyone! :frow

It's been ages since I posted in your thread Debby, I hope you don't mind me barging in? :oops:

I hope everyone has a fabulous day today!! :)

'bout time you showed up. Good morning @TwoCrows.

I now see why it's so cheap:lol:! .. Before I was like It must be a really...remote area. Glad you can finally get to move back to your own house I hope it all goes well!:highfive:.

. Wow that's a long time of fish keeping :eek:! I can't believe they used tar, well I guess that's what people used for roofs .. What kinda filtration systems were around then? I bet The metal rims were a little bit of a challenge for salt water. Although the salt water hobby may not have been as common.... Well it depends on what type of fish you get. Gold fish will destroy live plants. Also you need good nutrient rich soil and a good light. Here's what I would love to haveView attachment 2009416 ...there's definitely hope for you .. It will be great when you gain more strength! I know a 70 year old who's my father in law and he is still remodeling houses building decks , barns and designing houses by himself . He has taken excellent care of himself. he was an architect and a builder. Who Recently retired and now family members have been taking advantage of him . Has had remodeled there house build walls added an addition not just a little addition ether a big one not sure how many square feet but they didn't pay him much of any thing for the work! . :mad: it's not like He didn't do a great job ether.! He doesn't even care if people pay him . He just says it's penance .🤨. Rant over... So you might get a horse, aww that's gonna be nice, I won't say a word to her;).shh...... If you get the horse feel free to share pictures.
Back then the hot deal with aquarium keeping was under-gravel filters. work great to keep the aquarium clean but are death on planted plants. I had Chiclids Some are notorious diggers. Oh Yeah Salt water tanks were big even then... I imagine some were made of stainless for corrosion resistance.

I still have my 110 gallon For that tank I used a combo of an under gravel filter and a canister filter. Too deep for one that hangs on the back. The shape also dictates needing a good exchange rate and Air stones to stir the surface up. Air bubbles let carbon dioxide out.

I may buy a smaller more conventional tank for Raising Tilapia. Easier to deal with I could get one on Craigslist.... Yep I think that's a good idea. I can raise natural food for the fry in the form of Daphnia. Water fleas... And another tank for brine shrimp...

Here is a picture of my horse.... I still have her. Shes being cared for at a retirement facility. Shes been there two years now while I get back on my feet.
Rocking Jolly Kateen

In her prime she was about 1700 pounds... When I brought her home she went up to 2000 pounds. LOL But shes 25 now and shes hovering around 1800. Which is a decent weight for a horse that does nothing... LOL

Yep thats me... With the help of a trainer we trained her for Riding and Driving. I have ridden her about ten times. I have driven her many many times... I have a forecart and used to have a show cart... Forecart is very heavy I need help hitching it. The show cart was too big.

What I want is a smaller four wheeled vehicle for driving about in the desert. My original idea was to design and build horse drawn vehicles up there... but life got in the way. I still want a roebust Wagonette for her. Something light enough to hitch a light horse to if and when I get an additional horse to keep her company.

deb

Hi everyone..hope you are all doing well. I realized on Tuesday that my girls have lice, so today I’ll be spraying the coop walls with permethrin, and tonight we’ll be treating the birds...I have the ivermectin, and I have the permethrin powder...which would you choose...a shot for 35 birds..or powdering them?
I've always used the powder, but it's no longer available in Canada. So now I put a couple of drops of pour over ivermectin on the backs of their heads.

ETA: 2 week egg withdrawal if you use the ivermectin.

Back
Top Bottom