The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good for Ken B! That doctor deserved to be called on the carpet for being so lax. :rantI'm glad you have a champion by your side.
:eek: but that doesn't really surprise me...I probably would have strangled him!...the doc, not Ken. :lol:
@Blooie take Ken with you on the return visit. It has come to the point that we must advocate for ourselves when it comes to health matters.
I'm not complaining. This 'winter' has been a case of 'nothing burger'. There has rarely been a day when I haven't been able to work dogs. We only had two 3" snow storms. Yesterday we were in the 60's once again.
:frow Good morning Blooie, have a great day.

ETA: Definitely bring Ken back with you... It'll keep him on his toes, the Doc that is...
Agree 100%! There's no excuse for being sloppy or negligent when you're in charge of other people's health.
Good morning, everyone!

Sorry to hear about your eventful trip to the doctor, @Blooie. Maybe he'll keep that in mind the next time someones labs aren't looking like they should be. Too bad he's learning at the expense of his patients health.

Glad to hear your not getting snowed on, Debby! 'Bout time for a break!

Ken was definitely on a roll. Ever walk into someone’s house when they’ve been fighting all day? You know that awkward feeling of “Yeah, think I’ll just sneak out the back door now”..... Uh huh!

No snow here today...another bluebird day with sunshine, blue skies, and just a few wispy high clouds. Wyoming is weird weather wise. It’s like there’s an invisible line drawn that breaks the state in half, and each half has its own weather.

I don’t know how anyone gets anywhere in Debby’s neck of the woods.....the roads are closed more than they’re open, and that’s even true in the summer when they close it because of wind. Well, when they were in the planning stages of building I-80 the locals tried telling them not to build there - to move it 40 miles or so north. They warned about the hills acting like funnels and compressing the winds to dangerous speeds, the severe ground blizzards that resulted, and the long inclines. But the experts knew best, so they built it without even considering the input from the folks here. Foolish bureaucrats.

We have had a grand total of 3 winter storms all year. Fortunately the mountains are getting slammed regularly, because we’re gonna need the water from the runoff badly.

You have the best luck starting plants from seeds of anyone I know Sharron! What a green thumb!
thanks debby
maybe because i love it? i started late too, when my mil was alive, it was her garden and i would help her some but back then i like to do other things, not garden, when it came to canning, i was there and she taught me everything i know about canning but playing in the dirt, that comes naturally so maybe i do have a green thumb:idunno just know i want to try to start things. i started a whole bunch of grapefruit trees, they're not big enough to transplant yet, but they're coming along

I don’t know how anyone gets anywhere in Debby’s neck of the woods.....the roads are closed more than they’re open, and that’s even true in the summer when they close it because of wind. Well, when they were in the planning stages of building I-80 the locals tried telling them not to build there - to move it 40 miles or so north. They warned about the hills acting like funnels and compressing the winds to dangerous speeds, the severe ground blizzards that resulted, and the long inclines. But the experts knew best, so they built it without even considering the input from the folks here. Foolish bureaucrats.

We have had a grand total of 3 winter storms all year. Fortunately the mountains are getting slammed regularly, because we’re gonna need the water from the runoff badly.

Interesting to read the back story about I-80. Someone should have listened, you know it's bad when semi's are tipped over.

Hi Roomy, how are you doing?

Wow, I didn't know kitted up muscles would do that! So going to the Chiro regularly helps keep the headaches away? Glad your back is better today.

It's hard to tell how much snow on the ground we have...in some places we have very little and in others it's about 2+ feet deep. And there's a solid layer of ice under everything. Gotta watch my step out there.
Yeah, it's helped a lot since I started on a maintenance schedule with this guy. Would probably be far better if I could get myself on a regular exercise/stretching schedule. I'm not sure why that's so hard for me :rolleyes:

I suppose with the wind blowing it every which way it's hard to tell! Maybe some ice grousers for your shoes?? I imagine that boot doesn't have great traction. Be careful out there!

Yeah, it's helped a lot since I started on a maintenance schedule with this guy. Would probably be far better if I could get myself on a regular exercise/stretching schedule. I'm not sure why that's so hard for me :rolleyes:

I suppose with the wind blowing it every which way it's hard to tell! Maybe some ice grousers for your shoes?? I imagine that boot doesn't have great traction. Be careful out there!

Exercise schedules are hard to establish (at least based on my personal experience) :p

I don't have to walk great distances, mainly out to the coop and back to the house.

Hard for me too!! Haha

Back
Top Bottom