The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Got all my chores done today and it feels good!

Taxes taken care of. Car gassed up. Mail picked up. Pantry cleaned out. Trash all taken to the dumpster. Golf course checked out.

I'm done!

My big achievement for today was vacuuming the floor. Then the humidity got the better of me. :sick

Awww, happy anniversary @Blooie and Ken. 💝

No margaritas on your diet? Not even with no salt???? 😭

Since I might not catch you until late tomorrow (Town meeting day), and you should have this as soon as you wake up and get on the computer.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BLOOIE AND KEN!!!!!!

Of course being as you are 2 hours "behind" me you might see it tonight but oh well.

I did see it, and we’re both still on yesterday...today...or February and not March! :lau Nope, no Margaritas on the renal diet. Stinks to be me sometimes. But most of the time I’m pretty content to live in this saggy, wrinkled skin!

Thanks for the Anniversary greeting! It’s been 52 years.....or 13, depending on how you count! :love

My big achievement for today was vacuuming the floor. Then the humidity got the better of me. :sick

Awww, happy anniversary @Blooie and Ken. 💝

Thanks, Jae!!

When the humidity was high in South Dakota, back in the olden days when I was growing up, Ma would pull the kerchief off her hair, wipe the back of her neck with it, and then grumble, ‘I don’t know if I’m vacuuming the floors or rowing upstream with this thing.”

I just candled my quail eggs before I put them in lock down, it being exactly day 15 (well, for the first lot I set, then I added a few more, then a few more, then a few more after that:oops:). I already have one that has pipped externally! :barnie I'm supposed to have 3 more days!

Thankfully I did find all my bits today but I haven't set up the brooder yet and made sure it's warm enough. Looks like that's top priority.

We must've had a few temperature spikes with this ridiculous weather. I incubate with a high humidity (and its not much lower outside the incubator) the whole way through so my early bird will be fine in that respect. The kids can't wait for them to hatch. :jumpy Neither can I!

I just candled my quail eggs before I put them in lock down, it being exactly day 15 (well, for the first lot I set, then I added a few more, then a few more, then a few more after that:oops:). I already have one that has pipped externally! :barnie I'm supposed to have 3 more days!

Thankfully I did find all my bits today but I haven't set up the brooder yet and made sure it's warm enough. Looks like that's top priority.

We must've had a few temperature spikes with this ridiculous weather. I incubate with a high humidity (and its not much lower outside the incubator) the whole way through so my early bird will be fine in that respect. The kids can't wait for them to hatch. :jumpy Neither can I!
I am locking down chicken eggs March 1st!

What I've learned in 52 years of marriage:
1. You don't marry your best friend - you get married and if you're very lucky that person then becomes your best friend.
2. "We need to get this done..." is testosterone-ese for "YOU need to get this done."
3. Little projects a wife has in mind will become over-engineered to the point where he can suddenly say, "Geez, this is gonna be way too expensive...we'll need to put it off for awhile yet." Deal with it or learn to use a screwdriver and hammer.
4. In an argument both parties are wrong - the one who is really wrong but is stubbornly sticking to his/her guns and the one who is making a big deal out of it.
5. Trying to make over your spouse is an exercise in futility - why would you choose somebody special and then try to make that person into someone else - unless you should have chosen someone else to start with?
6. Anniversaries aren't celebrations of your years together - they are celebrations of your life together. After enough time the number of years are totally forgotten and the warmth of memories remains.
7. It's surprising, when you look back, how many of the times you loved each other the least were the times you needed each other the most.
8. If you think marriage is 50/50, do yourself a favor and get a dog instead of a spouse. A dog will give you 100% and be satisfied with half of that from you.
9. It's amazing that just when you're down and at your lowest your spouse is strong and lifts you up, and how true the same is when your spouse needs your strength.
10. "Love is enough to see us through" is a myth. It takes so much more than love. It takes courage and vulnerability, gentleness and strength, passion and quiet. laughter and tears, and total commitment.
That's my story, and it's worked so well for 52 years that I'm sticking to it!

After the field trial on Thurs. I left the dogs with a handler to be run at a field trial today. This afternoon I received a call that Will (dog who got second on Thurs.) had won the class today. This is a pretty good start to the season. I've already picked them up and they are happily in their kennels.
again congrats sour on the wins:celebrate

Good morning everyone😊
Hi IM, you're almost done with that job now! :thumbsup

B, you can have the steak but can I have your salty margarita? :p

The only thing we had to worry about in school when I was a kid were the bomb drills where we all had to hide under our desks (like that was going to do any good) :lau
Hi Debby, all done :yesss:

What I've learned in 52 years of marriage:
1. You don't marry your best friend - you get married and if you're very lucky that person then becomes your best friend.
2. "We need to get this done..." is testosterone-ese for "YOU need to get this done."
3. Little projects a wife has in mind will become over-engineered to the point where he can suddenly say, "Geez, this is gonna be way too expensive...we'll need to put it off for awhile yet." Deal with it or learn to use a screwdriver and hammer.
4. In an argument both parties are wrong - the one who is really wrong but is stubbornly sticking to his/her guns and the one who is making a big deal out of it.
5. Trying to make over your spouse is an exercise in futility - why would you choose somebody special and then try to make that person into someone else - unless you should have chosen someone else to start with?
6. Anniversaries aren't celebrations of your years together - they are celebrations of your life together. After enough time the number of years are totally forgotten and the warmth of memories remains.
7. It's surprising, when you look back, how many of the times you loved each other the least were the times you needed each other the most.
8. If you think marriage is 50/50, do yourself a favor and get a dog instead of a spouse. A dog will give you 100% and be satisfied with half of that from you.
9. It's amazing that just when you're down and at your lowest your spouse is strong and lifts you up, and how true the same is when your spouse needs your strength.
10. "Love is enough to see us through" is a myth. It takes so much more than love. It takes courage and vulnerability, gentleness and strength, passion and quiet. laughter and tears, and total commitment.
That's my story, and it's worked so well for 52 years that I'm sticking to it!
happy anniversary blooie and ken may you have many more together💑

Back
Top Bottom