The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Bob, how much longer do you have to tend the stock pot?

Sue, did you get out for your walk-about yesterday?
I'll take the solids out at about 8, then let it simmer until 10 and then start canning. I line a colander with a couple layers of cheese cloth and open the spigot and pour it into a 5 gal cooler, then fill the jars from the cooler. If I'm on target I'll get about 80 quarts, but I had the fire a bit hotter than usual last night so I may get less. It'll just have a more intense flavor.

I'll take the solids out at about 8, then let it simmer until 10 and then start canning. I line a colander with a couple layers of cheese cloth and open the spigot and pour it into a 5 gal cooler, then fill the jars from the cooler. If I'm on target I'll get about 80 quarts, but I had the fire a bit hotter than usual last night so I may get less. It'll just have a more intense flavor.

Even a little less than 80 quarts is a lot of stock! How long will that last you guys?

Even a little less than 80 quarts is a lot of stock! How long will that last you guys?
About a year. We use a lot of it. I really need to find someone around here have a steer processed and get some beef bones. I haven't made beef stock in 4 years. Once I get the smoker fixed, I'll be making some pork stock.

Back
Top Bottom