The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone!

Waiting seems like it would be the prudent thing to do. Take care of yourself DMC!
I told my boss not to schedule me until next Tuesday. They are opening on Wednesday as planned. She was ok with it.
Morning IM :frow

Morning Sour :frow you as well

Most likely not many, take care of yourself. I think staying closed would be the right choice

Morning Debby :frow
If I was in charge it would be closed another 2 weeks.
Was sharing here ok?
Of course!
I gotta say, I don't even want to go out; It's almost surreal. I feel like I'm in a bad movie, something you'd see on SyFy about zombies. The loud speakers are reminding everyone to wear masks and keep their distance; the sound of the voice echoes back and it's just really creepy.
I went to town today and I was freaked out. I felt like the virus was on everything. PTSD:thIt feels like the twilight zone. I can’t wait until it’s over.
It is kind of weird out there right now. We don't have any loud speakers though, that would just add to the strangeness.

We're still getting calls left on the golf course answering machine saying "see you April 15th". DH has made signs to post on the locked gates that things are closed until ???
Good grief!
I used to call the big one a river thistle. It is actually called California Thistle

View attachment 2077550

The other one is more of a tangle thistle and It stick to you and makes a lot of little cuts.

I think it is a dodder and apparently it has been strangling tomato plants here. Tomatoes are the number one ag crop in Yolo county too!

Agriculture - Weeds, Dodder (Cuscuta pentagona) aka. Angel?s Hair, Devil?s Gut, Love Vine, Strangle Gut, Tangle Gut, Witch?s Hair, Witch?s Shoelaces; infestation on tomato plants / California, USA.
Looks like a MN thistle.

Good afternoon folks. Just to make sure everyone is clear on the mask issue, CDC is recommending cloth masks, not for your protection, but to protect others from you. They are not recommending surgical masks which are in critically short supply.

This guidance probably should have come out much sooner, but they were afraid of a run on masks, which happened anyway. The point is that if everyone covers their nose and mouth, it significantly reduces their ability to spread the virus.

These are tough and interesting times. People will and do react differently in these situations and as a general rule, the internet and media are not necessarily helpful, because of the rapid ability to spread mis-information. The media is no longer interested in fact reporting, but rather ratings and hype. I'm sorry I've become so cynical, but I spent too many years up close and personal in DC.

Everyone masking is a good idea, because no one knows who the next carrier is. And this is a good way to reduce transmission. Everyone be safe.

I told my boss not to schedule me until next Tuesday. They are opening on Wednesday as planned. She was ok with it.

If I was in charge it would be closed another 2 weeks.

Of course!

I went to town today and I was freaked out. I felt like the virus was on everything. PTSD:thIt feels like the twilight zone. I can’t wait until it’s over.

Good grief!

Looks like a MN thistle.
I think a lot of folks are feeling the same way. I'm watching a press conference right now. They broke into my regularly scheduled programming :tongue

My plumber is quarantined, my handy man is afraid to leave his house, and I can't find a carpet installer that's open for business. This is not a fun time to be a property manager :hit :he
Most industries and professions are impacted to some extent but some more than others!

Good afternoon folks. Just to make sure everyone is clear on the mask issue, CDC is recommending cloth masks, not for your protection, but to protect others from you. They are not recommending surgical masks which are in critically short supply.

This guidance probably should have come out much sooner, but they were afraid of a run on masks, which happened anyway. The point is that if everyone covers their nose and mouth, it significantly reduces their ability to spread the virus.

These are tough and interesting times. People will and do react differently in these situations and as a general rule, the internet and media are not necessarily helpful, because of the rapid ability to spread mis-information. The media is no longer interested in fact reporting, but rather ratings and hype. I'm sorry I've become so cynical, but I spent too many years up close and personal in DC.

Everyone masking is a good idea, because no one knows who the next carrier is. And this is a good way to reduce transmission. Everyone be safe.
:thumbsup
i made one for myself because i went to the hospital for blood work sat. and then to the store while i was out, there were lots of people that were shopping that had neither mask or gloves and didn't mind getting close to you, hard to stay away from people when they don't seem to care, and theres people who up here are coughing and spitting on fast food people because they can't get their own way, just don't understand people anymore

:thumbsup
i made one for myself because i went to the hospital for blood work sat. and then to the store while i was out, there were lots of people that were shopping that had neither mask or gloves and didn't mind getting close to you, hard to stay away from people when they don't seem to care, and theres people who up here are coughing and spitting on fast food people because they can't get their own way, just don't understand people anymore
I've spent a lot of my life studying people in different situations. It's complicated, but we are going to see the worst of the worst in people before it gets better. I wish I had a happier report.

Back
Top Bottom