The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I just found out that a friend of mine's son went to feed their chickens and a heat light exploded in his face. I don't know all the details, but I guess he lost the vision in one eye. I hate heat lamps, those things are way too dangerous.
Very sad! I hope he’s able to keep the eye. My nephew took a firecracker to the eye last 4th of July and lost his. He has an amazing prosthetic but will have to wear clear glasses the rest of his life to protect the good eye.:hugs
Plus it bugs me that we've lived next door to this guy since 2016 and he still doesn't know my first name. He calls me "Betty". :gig
Does he have a hearing problem? Good grief!

What if it turns automatically :gig
Funny! My microwave has t turner. I turn it over of course onto the side and then the next side.

I also use my kitchenaid so I can cream some fairly stiff butter in that thing!

I'm in isolation. Got tested yesterday. They ask a lot of questions to make sure you're eligible for the test. They need to be careful with test kits...I get it. I have several symptoms..and I'm 66 years old. Waiting for the phone call. I'm doing ok right now
Cynthia, get well soon. Regardless of the test results I'm hoping and praying for the best for you. You need some relief! :hugs:hugs
So the company guy that lives in the next-to-us company house just came over. He's unhappy that his grass is getting long and brown and wanted to know what DH was going to do about it. I explained to him and DH hasn't been able to hire anyone and he was caring for all 25 acres of the golf course by himself, working 12-14 hour days. Gee, I feel really bad he might have to water his own patch of yard and maybe even mow it...NOT! Ugh.
:rant Well, I've thought about it and I can't think of anything to say that you wouldn't have to moderate so :duc
I just found out that a friend of mine's son went to feed their chickens and a heat light exploded in his face. I don't know all the details, but I guess he lost the vision in one eye. I hate heat lamps, those things are way too dangerous.
I agree with you Chrissy, I have one but it's only a last resort. I hope they can restore his vision and he'll be in our prayers.
I think everyone has one of "those" neighbors! :lol:
For three years I thought we were free of that kind of nonsense... Then the neighbor started calling our LGD over for love and treats and walks. She's the sweetest lady but has no concept of the damage she's caused. I really expect he will eventually (sooner than later) die because of what she's done. We trained him on his area to protect. He's stayed within those boundaries since, until they started calling him. His last owners thought it funny that he chases cars. So we strive to keep him away from them... The neighbor walks with him up to the highway. :rant
Sorry folks if I missed greeting anyone today. Crazy day at work. The boss spent all weekend filling my inbox... But the good news is I think he's thinking he gave me a weeks worth of work and I got it all done. :gig

But the good news is I think he's thinking he gave me a weeks worth of work and I got it all done. :gig
So OF COURSE tomorrow morning you are going to ask "OK, now what?" ??

Do we really need more craziness for 2020? This year has been one for the books.
And it isn't even half over yet!!!! I sure hope this isn't one of those "bad things come in threes" things. We don't need any more.

That's good. My Target store is 10 miles away
Mine is 25. It opened a year or so ago, I've never been to it. In fact I think I may have gone in a Tarjay only once in my life.

Yah, but meally worms taste great on vanilla ice cream!:p
Well that is what your chickens say, right?

My gap that we were hoping would get smaller did nothing
:( That was the primary reason to go through all the pain and agony wasn't it??

Plus it bugs me that we've lived next door to this guy since 2016 and he still doesn't know my first name. He calls me "Betty". :gig
Give him some credit! He has 3 of the letters correct, and two are even in the right position! ;)

So the company guy that lives in the next-to-us company house just came over. He's unhappy that his grass is getting long and brown and wanted to know what DH was going to do about it. I explained to him and DH hasn't been able to hire anyone and he was caring for all 25 acres of the golf course by himself, working 12-14 hour days. Gee, I feel really bad he might have to water his own patch of yard and maybe even mow it...NOT! Ugh.
That is too funny!

Oh no!

Definitely a good reason to not use heat lamps

Back
Top Bottom