The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hey maybe that will make the camping trips more fun for you guys!

No breaks in the weather for us for at least the next 10 days. It does help that the nighttime temps are cooler (in the 40's), but then heats up another 45-50 degrees in the day time.
Things need to be done outside in the cool of the Morning!

Here it was 82F at 9pm last night

It will still be humid just not the take your breath away humid like yesterday. Our lows at night are 70 or close to it. I don’t think we are going camping this weekend.
I never got a call on my Covid test yesterday.Our director is still waiting also. We had it done by the same clinic. The teacher I’m with tested negative. If any of us test positive I don’t know when we can reopen. I don’t know if all employees tested either.
Here there are not enough workers so they have only been notifying those that are positive. Negative tests are low priority but they will get to them at some time...Very sad!

Terrible Temps!

Too Hot.jpg

I'm waiting for that mandate to happen here too. The number of cases in our county is rising (haven't checked other WY counties).

When DH and I were in Casper last weekend, one of the stores we frequent had a sign on the door that after July 13th no one would be admitted without a mask.
Masks reduce the risk of the wearer getting covid by 65% according to the CDC. Sadly masks are being politicized and many do not listen to science

I keep Turkens now and they handle it pretty well. They have fewer feathers than fully feathered chickens not just naked necks. I have wading pools that I add ice to in late afternoon, they get watermelon and cukes, and I wet down the inside of my mini coop and turn on the fan for them. They also get electrolytes a few days a week when it's like this.

You do a good job of keeping your flock comfortable!

Send pics of your birds please

IM has a lot of pics of her birds over on her thread Fugly Farm

Masks reduce the risk of the wearer getting covid by 65% according to the CDC. Sadly masks are being politicized and many do not listen to science

From what I've read, masks don't keep a person from getting it but it supposedly keeps people from spreading it to others. :confused:

I dunno, so much conflicting info out there.

Back
Top Bottom