The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi Debby! Cleaning this morning, daycare this afternoon. How about you?

Hi Bob, you also!

I just got home from running errands, glad to be done before the heat reaches maximum impact. Got my tags & taxes for my car done, picked up some chicken feed, stopped at the bank, picked up mail at the post office. And then ate lunch with DH, he showed up right after I got home.

Now I'm ready to keep cool in the a/c and catch up with you all!

Good morning everyone :)

Good morning Chrissy!

Good morning chat folk.

Morning/afternoon Sour!

Good morning everyone.

Howdy IM, hope you're having a good day!

Thank you Debby! I'm going to check this out too. We enjoy many different ethnic cuisines! 😊

I found that site by looking at a slide show of things everyone knows about the state they grew up in. I grew up mostly in Kansas and Bierocks were mentioned...man, love those things! There was a link to a recipe on that site for them and then I got to looking around and found all sorts of good sounding things. The Bierocks are definitely in my future before long!

I found that site by looking at a slide show of things everyone knows about the state they grew up in. I grew up mostly in Kansas and Bierocks were mentioned...man, love those things! There was a link to a recipe on that site for them and then I got to looking around and found all sorts of good sounding things. The Bierocks are definitely in my future before long!
Those look really good...I do believe those are in my future too!

I was looking through their recipes and I found a recipe for Mango Sticky Rice...just ordered the sweet rice and found a way to cook the sticky rice in my instant pot from Amy & Jacky...this is also where I got my IP Bone Broth recipe from! I will use the recipe from Curious Cuisiniere, because it looks amazing! I'm feeling very adventurous and I'm going to also make Soup Dumplings...aka Xiaolongbao...from The Woks of Life! We will be at my daughters for my birthday and they love to cook, so I think I will see if they would like to make these with me while I'm there...there is also another recipe that they make, Josh, my SIL was in China for a couple of years with Campus Crusade and it was his favorite...it's a pork hamburger...kind of...I can't remember the name! I'm hoping to make that also!

Glad you got all of your errands done...that is always a good feeling! I finally got up the gumption and finished my accounting tasks...except for one phone call and I might make my husband make it, because it's his fault that it has to be done... :gig

Enjoy the rest of your day in the AC!

Those look really good...I do believe those are in my future too!

I was looking through their recipes and I found a recipe for Mango Sticky Rice...just ordered the sweet rice and found a way to cook the sticky rice in my instant pot from Amy & Jacky...this is also where I got my IP Bone Broth recipe from! I will use the recipe from Curious Cuisiniere, because it looks amazing! I'm feeling very adventurous and I'm going to also make Soup Dumplings...aka Xiaolongbao...from The Woks of Life! We will be at my daughters for my birthday and they love to cook, so I think I will see if they would like to make these with me while I'm there...there is also another recipe that they make, Josh, my SIL was in China for a couple of years with Campus Crusade and it was his favorite...it's a pork hamburger...kind of...I can't remember the name! I'm hoping to make that also!

Glad you got all of your errands done...that is always a good feeling! I finally got up the gumption and finished my accounting tasks...except for one phone call and I might make my husband make it, because it's his fault that it has to be done... :gig

Enjoy the rest of your day in the AC!

Sounds like you have a lot of cooking in your future! :D I like to cook and baking is my favorite. My grandma was the baker for her small town's school (K-8) and did all the bread, rolls, pies & cakes, cookies, kolaches, cinnamon rolls, etc. I used to love it when she'd come visit us...it was such a treat to come home from school and find the entire kitchen full of that stuff (her doughnuts were heavenly)!

I've wished many times, she had been around long enough to teach me some of her recipes and techniques.

Sounds like you have a lot of cooking in your future! :D I like to cook and baking is my favorite. My grandma was the baker for her small town's school (K-8) and did all the bread, rolls, pies & cakes, cookies, kolaches, cinnamon rolls, etc. I used to love it when she'd come visit us...it was such a treat to come home from school and find the entire kitchen full of that stuff (her doughnuts were heavenly)!

I've wished many times, she had been around long enough to teach me some of her recipes and techniques.
What wonderful memories you have of her! I wish you could have had that time too! 💞

Back
Top Bottom