The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

hey everyone :frow
i've been really busy in the garden and then bringing in everything and canning or freezing, i really planted to much i think but what the heck, will be good this winter or lasting til the next garden items get here, tomorrow i will be canning tomatoes of some sort, not sure yet whether it will be whole tomatoes or sauce. finally got fed up with all the volunteer tomatoes and had husband pull alot of them out so i could walk between the rows to pick the beans, just left a few that i wanted to see what they were, one is a plum type and another a red of some sort any way will drop in and say hi until things slow down and try to catch up on reading:D

You know I'll share photos. :D

I am 6 days in and I discovered one egg had a big crack last night. The baby still looks fine, and I've waxed the crack so fingers crossed it's still ok. Not sure when that happened because I'm super careful, and it's one of the bluer eggs so I'm really hoping it's alright.

My 2 boy ducks are going this afternoon. The girls will be relieved as their backs are looking rather muddy from hormonal boys hopping on. I ended up with a very muddy chicken egg yesterday too. The dog got that one. I'm a bit over the mud.

The outbreak in Auckland is ballooning and one of the initial cases went to Rotorua (another NZ city) while experiencing symptoms and did a whole lot of touristy things down there, so it could well be in other centres. Another person who has Covid-19 visited a family member in an aged care facility in Hamilton (a city south of Auckland). They still have not identified the source of the outbreak, but the fact that people working at the borders or in quarantine facilities have not had to had regular tests (a huge proportion have had none at all) was pretty shocking and I'm now not surprised there's been an outbreak. :he

Awww, thank you for sharing - I needed that. 😍

Hi Jae, best of luck with your hatch (especially the cracked one)! Mud does get tiresome, maybe it will be drier for you soon.

Unfortunately, we're seeing quite an upswing in confirmed cases in our county too.

i've been really busy in the garden and then bringing in everything and canning or freezing, i really planted to much i think but what the heck, will be good this winter or lasting til the next garden items get here, tomorrow i will be canning tomatoes of some sort, not sure yet whether it will be whole tomatoes or sauce. finally got fed up with all the volunteer tomatoes and had husband pull alot of them out so i could walk between the rows to pick the beans, just left a few that i wanted to see what they were, one is a plum type and another a red of some sort any way will drop in and say hi until things slow down and try to catch up on reading:D

Hi Sharron, good to hear from you!

All that canning and freezing will be nice to have this coming winter.

Hope you & your's are doing well!

Sharron, so happy to hear from you. I need to make time to do the same. Gonna talk to the boss about taking some time off so I can tend to things that need tending.

So a little over a week ago DH & I went to the local furniture store and ordered a new fridge. I've been putting off buying groceries because the fridge we have is dying. I called the store today to see when they might be delivering the new one. Umm, apparently it's on backorder until October.

But they have 2 others in the store for the same price so guess we're going back to the store tomorrow. Only thing is, the ice maker part of both of them is on back order.

Then I went online to order a few of the spice mixtures we use all the time...2 of them are on backorder.

Is the whole world on backorder or just my world?
i think debby that its going to get a lot worse, get it stocked up while you can, did you see that in some parts of the us that dr pepper can't be found, i'll make tea for a while i guess if i can't get my diet mt.dew :lau

You know I'll share photos. :D

I am 6 days in and I discovered one egg had a big crack last night. The baby still looks fine, and I've waxed the crack so fingers crossed it's still ok. Not sure when that happened because I'm super careful, and it's one of the bluer eggs so I'm really hoping it's alright.

My 2 boy ducks are going this afternoon. The girls will be relieved as their backs are looking rather muddy from hormonal boys hopping on. I ended up with a very muddy chicken egg yesterday too. The dog got that one. I'm a bit over the mud.

The outbreak in Auckland is ballooning and one of the initial cases went to Rotorua (another NZ city) while experiencing symptoms and did a whole lot of touristy things down there, so it could well be in other centres. Another person who has Covid-19 visited a family member in an aged care facility in Hamilton (a city south of Auckland). They still have not identified the source of the outbreak, but the fact that people working at the borders or in quarantine facilities have not had to had regular tests (a huge proportion have had none at all) was pretty shocking and I'm now not surprised there's been an outbreak. :he

Awww, thank you for sharing - I needed that. 😍
Likely the virus was quietly moving through the Country.

i think debby that its going to get a lot worse, get it stocked up while you can, did you see that in some parts of the us that dr pepper can't be found, i'll make tea for a while i guess if i can't get my diet mt.dew :lau

I heard about the Dr Pepper. No one better ever tell me we're out of Coke! That's just way too grim to even consider.

Back
Top Bottom