The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

No, my sister lives in AL, not sure where the twins are, my son is busy with his life. My mom and I were supposed to get together with my half sister Marcy but that was delayed because one of Igors students has been out sick and we don’t know why. So two weeks for that.

It's hard to get families together any time, especially the way this year has been.

Guess phone calls will work!

She did a good job picking it out! Your son sounds like my oldest...he tells me that I'll break a hip & then he'll put me in a home...lol
Tell them those places are expensive and you'll be spending his inheritance paying for it ;)

my baby boy will be 31 end of October---reminds me to be nice to him because he and sister will pick my nursing home!
Tell them YOU'LL pick the home and THEY will pick up the tab ;)

I’ll be 51.
Happy almost birthday you young pup!

Tell them those places are expensive and you'll be spending his inheritance paying for it ;)

Tell them YOU'LL pick the home and THEY will pick up the tab ;)

Happy almost birthday you young pup!
Thanks Bruce! I don’t really feel my age so I’ll take the young pup lol

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

One of my bantams had stashed some eggs and made herself a nest in a pile of branches. I'll let her sit - she shouldn't come to any harm. She had a pile of 13 eggs (she's an Old English Game bantam so she's tiny) so I removed 8 so she could actually sit on them. I'm pretty sure they won't be fertile - my little cockerel is still getting the hang of that part of his job and the older hens aren't keen on letting him get away with anything anyway. But one of our new Muscovy hens laid us an egg today so I might try incubating it (and hopefully she'll lay a few more) and see if our little hen will raise the potential ducklings. The Muscovy would have been with a boy at their old home, and the people we got them off cull any aggressive ones. We'll see. Otherwise I can at last try baking a cake using duck eggs.

These chicks are keeping me busy! The one I thought was a blue I think will be lavender. That's the 'original' colour of the Tailed Araucana.
DSC_0210 (2).JPG

My older ones are feathering fast, well, the Partridge ones are anyway - the Birchens and Splash are still half naked. This one is the worst and it still has the tiniest tail, especially for a 3 and a half week old.
Birchen 2.jpg

We all adore this girl - she's sweet and cuddly and rather likes having her cheeks scritched:
Cyclamen 1.jpg

She'll be staying here for sure. 🥰

One of my bantams had stashed some eggs and made herself a nest in a pile of branches. I'll let her sit - she shouldn't come to any harm. She had a pile of 13 eggs (she's an Old English Game bantam so she's tiny) so I removed 8 so she could actually sit on them. I'm pretty sure they won't be fertile - my little cockerel is still getting the hang of that part of his job and the older hens aren't keen on letting him get away with anything anyway. But one of our new Muscovy hens laid us an egg today so I might try incubating it (and hopefully she'll lay a few more) and see if our little hen will raise the potential ducklings. The Muscovy would have been with a boy at their old home, and the people we got them off cull any aggressive ones. We'll see. Otherwise I can at last try baking a cake using duck eggs.

These chicks are keeping me busy! The one I thought was a blue I think will be lavender. That's the 'original' colour of the Tailed Araucana.
View attachment 2342470

My older ones are feathering fast, well, the Partridge ones are anyway - the Birchens and Splash are still half naked. This one is the worst and it still has the tiniest tail, especially for a 3 and a half week old.
View attachment 2342518

We all adore this girl - she's sweet and cuddly and rather likes having her cheeks scritched:
View attachment 2342525
She looks so sweet :love

She looks so sweet :love

She really is. She was the first to hatch and was on her own for the rest of that day with just us for company, so I don't know if that made a difference. We had to stick her back in the incubator to cheer on her siblings that first night and thankfully by morning she had a chick friend.

View attachment 2342470

View attachment 2342518

View attachment 2342525

Hi Jae, they're all adorable chicks, especially that 3rd one!

Back
Top Bottom