The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone. Have a good Sunday.

It's cold and very wet here, we were told it was going to be a nice day, but who ever came up with that one must have got it wrong, again
:frow Good morning Marie, have a great day
Good morning all.
It’s a laundry kind of day and we are working on sheet rocking a bathroom.
:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day and stay warm

Morning Bob, hope you have a good day!

It's good knowing you are sensibly staying warm. See you later Debbie :)

Hi Marie, hope your sun decides to shine!

Good morning all.
It’s a laundry kind of day and we are working on sheet rocking a bathroom.

Morning DMC, better eat your Wheaties, you have a lot of work to do today!

Hi everybody! :thThis is precisely how I'm feeling at the moment.

I've noticed our chickens sneezing slightly more than usual over winter but they all seem happy and healthy, but one of our little pullets started sneezing all the time and gaping. I thought it could be gape worm so dosed them all for that. That didn't make any difference so I repeated the dose with a new bottle of wormer in case the old one was no good anymore. That made no difference either, so we ended up taking her to the vet. The vet couldn't find anything wrong other than the sneezing, so gave her a shot of steroids and said to let her know if it got any worse. She felt it was something environmental as she's perfectly healthy otherwise. Now I have one young one doing it too, but all the others are absolutely fine. The vet did say they are seeing an unusually high number of dogs and cats with allergies and they think it's the very high pollen count this year. So I don't know what to think because they have no other symptoms - no runny noses or eyes, they are still eating and racing around bright eyed and bushy tailed, they are just sneezing quite a lot.

And I found red mites in the coop again (it will have been those darn rats sneaking in there:mad:). We haven't seen the remaining rats again and the traps we have out haven't been triggered. DH thought he could hear another possum last night but couldn't spot it in the trees.

So that was the first drama. Then I had 2 mysteriously vomiting children. It lasted a few hours for our son and DD only puked the once (could have been sympathetic). It came on late afternoon and by the next morning they were both absolutely fine again. :confused:

Next we found one our cockatiels in the aviary with a very swollen ankle. So off to the vets we went again. He's on antibiotics and not overly happy to be inside, though he is being very good. Thankfully he's one I hand reared.

Then today we spent all morning running our heifers through our new yards. We got some 'transportable' metal ones, but they are very heavy and you would not want to be moving them too often (though we have moved them once already). They needed a vaccination booster and we wormed them all. The tamer girls were pretty good - the not so tame ones were horrible, especially the one that decided to duck under the electric tape and run off (twice) rather than go in the scary looking pen. :rolleyes:

But I've had one duckling hatch. He's early but I've already given him to our little hen who thankfully stayed broody until we needed her. She's raised chicken chicks before so I was a little concerned she wouldn't accept such a funny looking baby, but it was love at first sight. She's sitting on the remaining egg, but I'm not sure if that one will hatch. It's being a real slow-poke. I'll post a photo of a happy mama and her baby but I'll have to do it from my phone.

And lastly I wondered where on earth the trumpeting elephant was this morning. It was our big cockerel finally making his voice heard. Through the double glazed windows it seriously sounds like an elephant trumpeting in the distance somewhere. 🤣
Hi Jae! You have sure had a lot going on! I'm glad that your children are better & didn't stay sick for long! My kids used to get fevers...no other symptoms, but their bodies where fighting something off!
Congratulations on the new duckling...that picture is adorable. I hope the other egg hatches!

Good morning everyone!

It's been snowing since before 7pm last night and our temperature high for today is supposed to be 10*. I might have to sleep through this one.

Happy Sunday!
Yikes!
Morning Bob, hope you have a good day!

Hi Marie, hope your sun decides to shine!

Morning DMC, better eat your Wheaties, you have a lot of work to do today!
Never mind

Back
Top Bottom