The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

My father died of pneumonia but had dementia, probably from his many schemes that lead to him falling off a ladder(he was only on the first step but never anchored it), ladder spun around the threw him down on his back - in a patch of cactus. Yep, had fractured his spine in 3 places - ambulance crew were full of cactus spine hairs, not dangerous but mighty irritating.
I had one enter the back of my hand and about a month later found a red spot on the other side where it was emerging. Got it out with a tweezer.

When I found a poor dead sparrow impaled on the spines, I pulled all the cactus out and let them rot at the back of the yard.
That's so sad Nancy...I'm so sorry!

How old is your mom? My mom is 89...she doesn't remember things as well as she used to, but thankfully it's not alzheimers.
Oops, grandpa lived to 102, not 92. Mom was born in 1927 I believe. So 91 years old. Her sister had Alzheimer's for 11 years before it killed her.

It all goes together!

It is a very sneaky virus-- The person from your work with symptoms should not have been out in public
She did not have symptoms, the husband did and stayed home but she worked 2 of those days. She still does not have any symptoms which should mean we are ok at work and won’t have to close down. I agree it is a sneaky virus.

Glad the inspection went well! Just curious, how many days of the week are they not monsters...:D

Praying for you and for her family!
Thanks! Some days they are enjoyable. Yesterday not so much! We had a speech therapist come in yesterday to get one of our kids. When she brought hime back we had the other 9 sitting down eating. They were quiet and eating nicely. She said in all her 25 years of doing daycare (not sure how she ended up doing speech therapy)she’d never seen such well behaved 2 year olds. I total her it’s a miracle and we’re enjoying the 10 minutes it lasts. We had a fire drill thrown in yesterday too at snack time.:th

Back
Top Bottom