The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning Debby! I woke up a little earlier today so had time to pop on before I have to head to town!
How is your Thanksgiving prep going? I'm going to make something different this year. I was looking up pumpkin pie recipes and I ran across one called a French Pumpkin Pie...it has apple in it and the crust is puff pastry! Hopefully I can find everything I need to bake it.
Thank you, have a great day!

Your French Pumpkin Pie sounds good! Let us know how it works out.

I mixed up my sweet potato pie mixture for the 2 I was planning on baking. Goofed and forgot to use the deep dish pie pans so had enough mixture left to throw together a graham cracker crumb crust. We now have 3 sweet potato pies cooling on the counter.

Good morning. End results are worth the stress and mess. The last time we redid a bathroom was 5 years ago and it took 6 weeks. We now have to replace that tub as it cracked on the bottom. It was only about 3 years old when that happened. Hubby is going to repair it again just to get us thru until we’re done with these 2 projects. We had water running in the basement the other night so who knows what kind of damage it caused on the way down.

That seems crazy a tub would crack when it's just 3 years old. Hope the water didn't cause too much damage DMC. :fl

I mixed up my sweet potato pie mixture for the 2 I was planning on baking. Goofed and forgot to use the deep dish pie pans so had enough mixture left to throw together a graham cracker crumb crust. We now have 3 sweet potato pies cooling on the counter.
I will do that & I'll share it on your baking thread too!
That sounds like something I would do! You can always cut the extra into slices & freeze them...then pull out a piece when you want to relive the flavors of Thanksgiving...:D
I'm in town waiting for the person that's buying my baby bunny! :bun

Sweet potatoes, or yams? (there is a difference) :old

I will do that & I'll share it on your baking thread too!
That sounds like something I would do! You can always cut the extra into slices & freeze them...then pull out a piece when you want to relive the flavors of Thanksgiving...:D
I'm in town waiting for the person that's buying my baby bunny! :bun

DH's employee is going to go up to Casper Saturday to help him put up a big shed in the backyard. The 3rd pie will go to him & his wife.

Sweet potatoes, or yams? (there is a difference) :old

Sweet taters! (At least, that's what they were labeled.)

Back
Top Bottom