The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

We haven't seen or heard Kiwi so far but it would be awesome to see some in the wild. So far all we've heard at night are Morepork (a little native owl). The farmland around us still has a lot of native bush thankfully. There aren't too many dairy farms in the area (those are the farms that cut all the trees down).

Enjoy your pies. It's just so funny for me to think of pumpkin and sweet potatoes as dessert. The only dessert pie in NZ is apple. Other than that it's savory meat pies.

Today we have to worm the sheep so that should be fun (or really funny). There's definitely never a dull moment round here. Our cattle are protesting that we haven't moved them onto greener pastures yet so that's on the list as well.

Your supervisors look like they are ready for you to get to work. 🥰 Some years chickens do a strange molt, other years they barely look like they are missing any feathers. Hopefully that's all it is, especially if he's still acting the same as always.

Pie is very popular, all kind of fruit, cream and meat too!

Have you wormed your sheep before? Sounds like your animals are keeping you busy :D

Pie is very popular, all kind of fruit, cream and meat too!

Have you wormed your sheep before? Sounds like your animals are keeping you busy :D

No, and hopefully this will be the only time we'll need to as from here on out they'll be cross grazing with the cattle. Cattle and sheep don't have the same internal parasites so the cattle will hoover up the sheep parasites and vice versa, preventing them from heavily infecting their host species.

Kiwis and Aussies like to argue over who invented certain desserts (like pavlova and lamingtons). 🤣 But your dessert pies are amazing with the variety of flavours.

No, and hopefully this will be the only time we'll need to as from here on out they'll be cross grazing with the cattle. Cattle and sheep don't have the same internal parasites so the cattle will hoover up the sheep parasites and vice versa, preventing them from heavily infecting their host species.

Kiwis and Aussies like to argue over who invented certain desserts (like pavlova and lamingtons). 🤣 But your dessert pies are amazing with the variety of flavours.

Too funny, first I had to look up stoats and now I've had to look up lamingtons...I'm giving Bing a good work out today :lol:

That's interesting about cattle and sheep and how they benefit each other with the parasites. Have fun worming!

Too funny, first I had to look up stoats and now I've had to look up lamingtons...I'm giving Bing a good work out today :lol:

That's interesting about cattle and sheep and how they benefit each other with the parasites. Have fun worming!

I love lamingtons (chocolate ones of course). :love

Kiwi? We have that here. It's a little fuzzy green fruit, they sell at the grocery store. (Not an animal, or bird) :confused: Different continent I guess.:hmm

How did a fruit from China get named after a bird from New Zealand? :lol:

Once we got the sheep in the yards (corral to your guys?) they weren't too bad but thank goodness for a strong husband. They are about 66 pounds at present, but they are strong. They'll be around 176 pounds by the time they are full grown. Hopefully they'll be healthy from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom