The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I don't know about Mad, but I'd love to see your focaccia recipe Jae!
I love that bread ❤ the recipe would be awesome 😊

This makes a huge loaf so unless you have a crowd to share it with halve the recipe (it works out just fine and I usually bake it for 20-25mins).

Focaccia Bread

1 Tb yeast
1 tsp sugar
6 cups high grade/white bread flour
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups lukewarm water

Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl.

Stir in 2 cups of flour and mix well.

Set aside, covered, in a warm place until it has doubled in size.

Add the remaining flour and the salt and mix well. The dough should be sticky and wet.

Cover and rest until doubled.

Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).

Pour dough onto well floured surface and roll into a ball (I don't do this step - I just put it straight on my tray and get sticky, doughy fingers :lol:).

Press into a lined tray or shallow dish (mine goes onto my flat lined cookie tray and I shape it into a rough rectangle).

Brush the top of the dough with oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.

Bake for 30 minutes.

💗 💗 💗

If I was a very organised person I would make this every day. It's the only bread our fussy son will eat as bread (anything else has to be toasted).

Also, here are some more little cuties (the first 2 are anyway🤣).

Big eyes.jpg
Mohawk.jpg

I brought this one inside as it's smaller than its 2 siblings.
Chill.jpg

When this pair started sitting I took a few eggs as they had too many to sit on properly. 3 hatched in my incubator so I gave them the chicks back, but their eggs they were sitting on still hadn't hatched. 2 eggs were still alive so I put them in the incubator. 11 days later 1 hatched. Due to the big age gap the parents haven't been feeding him that well, and I only intended to put him out there for a few days so that they could do the night feeds. He's 3 days old now so he's come back inside. He's quite cute because he's so fuzzy. His older sibling above not so much. :lol:
Tiny.jpg

View attachment 2496215
View attachment 2496217

View attachment 2496216

When this pair started sitting I took a few eggs as they had too many to sit on properly. 3 hatched in my incubator so I gave them the chicks back, but their eggs they were sitting on still hadn't hatched. 2 eggs were still alive so I put them in the incubator. 11 days later 1 hatched. Due to the big age gap the parents haven't been feeding him that well, and I only intended to put him out there for a few days so that they could do the night feeds. He's 3 days old now so he's come back inside. He's quite cute because he's so fuzzy. His older sibling above not so much. :lol:
View attachment 2496218
Parrots are so cool.

They look like cockatiels, are they? What color will they end up?

Doin pretty good thanks. Yes, rain today with a few more chances over the next week. How about you guys?
That's good. We're doing well here. Weird weather. Currently 34° at 9:30pm and has been like that for a while, save for a few dips into the single digits. It seems like the bad weather keeps moving a little later every year. So... We're probably still in for it!

We've got 55 calves down and more than halfway done! Glad for that and no frozen ears. It's nice for my husband because he doesn't have to be up quite as much when it's not under 20°.

And our very first grandbaby was born last Thursday! She's the sweetest little thing. Can't wait to get some more snuggles in 🥰 What a blessing.

That's good. We're doing well here. Weird weather. Currently 34° at 9:30pm and has been like that for a while, save for a few dips into the single digits. It seems like the bad weather keeps moving a little later every year. So... We're probably still in for it!

We've got 55 calves down and more than halfway done! Glad for that and no frozen ears. It's nice for my husband because he doesn't have to be up quite as much when it's not under 20°.

And our very first grandbaby was born last Thursday! She's the sweetest little thing. Can't wait to get some more snuggles in 🥰 What a blessing.
That's awesome. How's your daughter doing?

Parrots are so cool.

They look like cockatiels, are they? What color will they end up?

Yes, these are cockatiels. I love them. These babies will be greys and so far all that are feathered up enough to tell have a pearl pattern and the odd spot of yellow as they are split to pied. I have some others from another pair that are mostly yellow with only a small amount of grey which are gorgeous and one very special lutino pearl pied from them as well.

Congrats on your grandbaby and on becoming grand parents. 🥰

View attachment 2496215
View attachment 2496217

View attachment 2496216

View attachment 2496218
Oh my goodness, they're so cute! Little porcupines :love I like how the brand new ones are almost see through haha.

Back
Top Bottom