The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good MOOrning 🐃 playing catch-up this morning :p

It's a simple recipe @cheepteach recommended :)

Thank thank you for the tip! So I'm going to lean toward this weekend instead to give enough time to defrost. No idea meat could freeze that long but it puts my mind at ease.
Is it safe to defrost on the counter or would the fridge be better?
:frow Good morning Mad, have a great day... It's better to thaw in the fridge but I have to admit I often thaw on the counter and put in the fridge. Safest is fridge.
Good morning Bob, you're half way to the weekend!
:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day

That's good. Hope you're getting good rest, but not much restlessness at night from all the naps during the day.
Pretty soon everyone st the doctors will know your name :p

Thank thank you for the tip! So I'm going to lean toward this weekend instead to give enough time to defrost. No idea meat could freeze that long but it puts my mind at ease.

Hahaha great idea... better than wasting gallon ziplock or suran wrap :p

"Please don't do that"
Ornery child: 😈 okay, I will do it 5 more times and look at you.
:lol:

Oh my goodness they are so cute! Do you keep them for meat or pets? Dont hesitate to share more.. well, I can't speak for everyone :lol:

That's my husband's motto! :lau at least there's a saying because I thought he made it up.

I love bread. I hope I'll learn enough so the kids will ask for things to be made for them.

Thank you! I bookmarked it :D

Hi Mad, hope you have a terrific day!

Good morning Bob, you're half way to the weekend!

Morning DMC, hope work goes well for you today!

Morning IM, you're starting to sound like me wondering what day of the week it is :lol:

Good morning Sue, hope the arm feels better today!

Happy Wednesday to you Sour!

Good morning Debby 😊 enjoy your day !!

That's good. Hope you're getting good rest, but not much restlessness at night from all the naps during the day.
Pretty soon everyone st the doctors will know your name :p

Hahaha great idea... better than wasting gallon ziplock or suran wrap :p

"Please don't do that"
Ornery child: 😈 okay, I will do it 5 more times and look at you.
:lol:

Oh my goodness they are so cute! Do you keep them for meat or pets? Dont hesitate to share more.. well, I can't speak for everyone :lol:

That's my husband's motto! :lau at least there's a saying because I thought he made it up.

I love bread. I hope I'll learn enough so the kids will ask for things to be made for them.

Thank you! I bookmarked it :D

Good morning Mad 😊 enjoy your day !!

I'm not taking as many naps as I should, because I want to sleep at night. I'm sure your right about the doctors office 😁.

Good morning Pert :frow

How's your weather treating you?
Goodmorning Debby. Gray and dreary yesterday and so far today. Supposed to hit 69 tomorrow. That would suit me as long as the sun comes out. I need to get some warsh on the line. Making sure the TV stays off today.
Hope everyone has a good day and all your aches and pains are minimal.

Goodmorning Debby. Gray and dreary yesterday and so far today. Supposed to hit 69 tomorrow. That would suit me as long as the sun comes out. I need to get some warsh on the line. Making sure the TV stays off today.

Hope you get some sunshine, that always makes everything better. Your promised temperature sounds better than mine, we're only going to reach 39* today with more snow coming this weekend.

Have a good day Pert!

:frow Good morning Pert, have a great day

Good morning folks :frow

Jae & Meg, love the new babies :love

Meg, congrats on the new grand baby, enjoy those snuggles...
Good morning, Bob, and thank you! I sure will :)
Congratulations Grandma! They are all special but the first is extra so. What’s her name? I can’t believe you shared calf pics and not baby pics Meg :gig
Our winter has been quite mild this year also. The whole state is in a drought but we’ve got a few storms lined up with potential for rain and snow so hopefully we’ll get a good dose of both. Last summer was one of the hottest on record, it was brutal, but the news has been saying it could be our new normal. Blah.
Ha! I know, I know. Not sure how momma feels about baby Lynelle being on the internet. She may want to post one herself!

Doing a little rain/snow dance for you!
Good morning everyone. 😊 have a great day !!

Meg, congratulations on becoming a grandma ❤❤
Good morning, Grammy! Thank you :love
Congratulations on your new little grand-girl Meg, you're going to have fun spoiling her!
Thanks, Debby! It's going to be awesome!
Thanks, Mad! I've got loads a calf pictures :D We keep a steer every year to eat and the rest get sold. We've been building our herd and saving heifers every year, but now we're full up! We'll save replacement heifers and cull out the old girls (so we keep saying, anyway :rolleyes:) and keep our numbers about the same as they are now. So far nothings been done with the highlander crosses...they aren't worth much to sell. Pets / herd markers in the mountains haha.

Here's a couple pics of the wee one :love
IMG_20210119_183424.jpg

And grandpa got some snuggles by the fire this morning!
IMG_20210120_090349072.jpg

Also, here are some more little cuties (the first 2 are anyway🤣).

View attachment 2496215
View attachment 2496217

I brought this one inside as it's smaller than its 2 siblings.
View attachment 2496216

When this pair started sitting I took a few eggs as they had too many to sit on properly. 3 hatched in my incubator so I gave them the chicks back, but their eggs they were sitting on still hadn't hatched. 2 eggs were still alive so I put them in the incubator. 11 days later 1 hatched. Due to the big age gap the parents haven't been feeding him that well, and I only intended to put him out there for a few days so that they could do the night feeds. He's 3 days old now so he's come back inside. He's quite cute because he's so fuzzy. His older sibling above not so much. :lol:
View attachment 2496218
Amazing!

The incubator did better than the parents?

Back
Top Bottom