The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

PGandE is now charging us for the power lines damaged from the fires...that they caused!
Well, in all fairness the people who use it should pay for it. You all do benefit from having electricity. They have to get permission to get a rate increase and everyone screams about it. I just wish the rate hikes had been for repairs and maintenance rather than some ceo’s pocket. I doubt anyone learned their lesson from it because greed is a powerful motivator to do the wrong thing.

Well, in all fairness the people who use it should pay for it. You all do benefit from having electricity. They have to get permission to get a rate increase and everyone screams about it. I just wish the rate hikes had been for repairs and maintenance rather than some ceo’s pocket. I doubt anyone learned their lesson from it because greed is a powerful motivator to do the wrong thing.
Hopefully things will get better. The CEO and most of the board quit after the Paradise fire

Hi everyone! I'm very behind. I forgot how time consuming these cockatiel babies are. I've had another hatch (there were some live eggs still in the nest which would've died so I put them in the incubator - I just can't let the poor little things die if I can help it even though I'm making more work for myself 🤪) and I've just today had to bring in the oldest one as someone had plucked it. :mad: It's one I want to keep for the mutations it's carrying so I was hoping the parents could just raise it instead of me having to. Best laid plans and all that!

I was going to just remove all the nestboxes and separate whichever pair I wanted to breed into a little aviary DH has finally made me, but in another nestbox there are a pile of eggs. I'll have to try and work out which pair is using that box and maybe try transferring them and their chosen nestbox.

At this rate I'll be hatching cockatiel chicks for the Easter Hatch-a-long. :gig

I have also sold my 6 oldest cockatiel babies (one is subject to a DNA test to make sure it's a boy). So that's been busy too. I sold 5 in the space of 3 days!

And we are buying a ram for our ewe lambs so picking him up on Friday. He's an older boy who will eat from your hand apparently. He's a Damara ram so we should get some colourful lambs from him, and he will shed his own wool so they are easy care sheep.

How are all the awful storms over there? There's been some crazy weather.

Here are my 3 youngest charges (there's still a live egg in the incubator getting close to hatching):
View attachment 2543045
Hi Jae...you are just a glutton for punishment aren't you...;) I wouldn't be able to let them die either! They are so cute! Congratulations on selling the others. I hope you will share a picture of your new Ram!

Back
Top Bottom