The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! 🌷

Hubby got me a new Stihl weed eater yesterday. Now only if the weather would cooperate!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Good morning Rei! Happy Mother's Day! 💐 I told hubs no presents this year, I'm getting a new kitchen! Enjoy your time with your beautiful little girl!💞

I have Jubilee Orpingtons, Lavender and Silver Ameraucanas and Wheaten Marans. I've never hatched before so im curious how it will turn out. My MIL will be taking some chicks as im sure I will end up with more than I need. She usually processes her extra roosters so I assume if I ended up with some we will do the same with ours.

Roosters can be a handful!
I can't wait to see what you hatch out.
Yes they can be...thankfully we only have 3 now!

I did want to say one more thing the mums are deer proof . They contain Pyrethrum . You can make insecticide by grinding the stems and extracting the juice .

Hi Mark! Mums might be deer proof, but antelope love them. I learned that the hard way. But maybe I'm the only one with antelope around :lol:

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! 🌷

Hubby got me a new Stihl weed eater yesterday. Now only if the weather would cooperate!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Happy Mom's Day Riv 💐

Your DH and mine must have similar minds...mine is talking about getting me a lawn mower I can operate on my own. :gig

I hope Debby don't mind but there is one more thing I would like to share with you all . You know those beautiful Impatiens, they are a touch me not . Those little Jewelweed flowers that grow on tall stems in swampy areas are basically the same thing . If you are weeding your flowers and happen to pull poison ivy . Just squeeze the juice from that jewelweed on your hands and rub the in then go rinse . No more poison ivy . The Jewelweed is a strong surfactant or soap. that cuts poison ivy oil like water off a ducks back . You see the jewelweed grows along side poison ivy . Hence the cure is along side the poison . I learned this from Native Americans :yesss:
Thanks for sharing. That's great information to know!

Back
Top Bottom