The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone!

Janie, I like your egret picture (such pretty birds)!

Mark & Bob, we've been getting a lot of rain and I'd share some with you if I could (reminds me of trying to share snow this past winter :gig )

DH is taking off work early today. We're driving to Panama City (about 43 miles drive) to check out some home improvement stuff. This
a big kitchen space but very little cabinetry, not near enough to unpack all our cooking stuff.
Good morning, Debby.
I hope you have a fun day & find some great storage solutions. I'll bet your enjoying having the hubby home at night.
Good morning all :)

Exactly. I am not a fan of the built-in pools. My parents had it built in 1996, took good care of it but, when we took over the house , the pool (23 years) pump went out, the pool light filled up with water and needed to be re-wired and fixed, the plaster needed to be completely redone....thousands of dollars. I didn't have to pay for it but I know my mom spent a fortune and she wasn't necessarily financially ready for the expense. With all that stress, I don't see the benefit. I'd rather get the stand up pools that you can take apart if you didn't want it anymore.
Green algae isn't usually toxic but the last few years we were told it's a different type that is toxic but the warm weather causes it.
The pandemic didn't help either. During the 2020 lock down, something happened the main company that sells chlorine tablets, got damaged somehow (I forgot the story) so then the price of chlorine tablets skyrocketed.
Good afternoon, Mad. The kids have tried for years to get us to put in a pool out here.
Husband say absolutely not, he'll never have another one. He doesn't want the maintenance and expense.
Two of our kids have pools, and both have had some maintenance headaches.
Considering the droughts we keep having, I don't think anyone should consider an in ground pool now.

That sounds so nice!

It's going to be 102° but thus morning was cool - I opened the doors and the house cooled down to 75°. Definitely appreciating it before it heats up again!
It is similar here today. 104 for the high but I was able to cool the house down to 73F with the whole house fan.

The house is warming up though so the AC will likely come on soon.

He’s supposed to have surgery July 7th , if he doesn’t test positive. If he does he is going to completely cancel surgery. This is the 4th time it’s been scheduled.
:(
I hope he tests negative and can get that surgery. I assume it is needed or they wouldn't be planning it.

Also sorry you are long hauling. The only taste issue I had was the metallic taste but that was due to the Paxlovid, known side effect and only lasted the 5 days the pills were taken.

Get well soon Bruce. Have you got any arnica balm or cream for those muscles? It takes the edge of the pain for me
It wasn't a real muscle ache, it was weird! And it lasted maybe 30-45 minutes per "episode" then nothing until the next time.

Keep in the shade and drink a lot of fluids
Hanging out in the 72°F/22.2°C house other than chicken chores :) No A/C here but cool enough overnight to cool the house with the windows open.

I am not a fan of the built-in pools
If we had one at least it would be swimmable. Can't really swim in a 24' round above ground (adult wading) pool. Plus you get little "mortar shell" pockets where ants (I guess) tunnel, hard to vacuum the dirt out of those.

I'd rather get the stand up pools that you can take apart if you didn't want it anymore.
Yep, and I would give it away if DW would agree.

I'll bet your enjoying having the hubby home at night.
I don't know, they probably have to learn to live in the same house again after the months of DH working on the prior house to get it ready while Debby was at the course house, then Debby and cats moved there but DH was still managing the course many many miles away! Weekend visits!

Husband say absolutely not, he'll never have another one. He doesn't want the maintenance and expense.
Yep, lots of time and money go into the stupid pool every summer. DW might go walk around in it this afternoon. If she does it will be the first time this year. She goes in MAYBE twice a week between the end of June and mid August.

The cement in the pool at my sister's in So Cal. cracked (no idea how old it was but plenty old) and she decided to get rid of it since it wasn't being used much. You can't legally just fill in the hole so she had to pay MANY, MANY, MANY thousands of dollars to have the concrete removed then the hole filled in. Part of that expense was due to the closeness of the houses. On the "accessible without stairs" side the gate isn't wide enough for a wheelbarrow so the workers had to walk it all out the other side and down the stairs. I'm sure it would have been cheaper if there was space for a skidsteer.

DW thinks that is warm for sleeping, mid 50°F better (I don't agree!)

I hope he tests negative and can get that surgery. I assume it is needed or they wouldn't be planning it.

Also sorry you are long hauling. The only taste issue I had was the metallic taste but that was due to the Paxlovid, known side effect and only lasted the 5 days the pills were taken.

It wasn't a real muscle ache, it was weird! And it lasted maybe 30-45 minutes per "episode" then nothing until the next time.

Hanging out in the 72°F/22.2°C house other than chicken chores :) No A/C here but cool enough overnight to cool the house with the windows open.

If we had one at least it would be swimmable. Can't really swim in a 24' round above ground (adult wading) pool. Plus you get little "mortar shell" pockets where ants (I guess) tunnel, hard to vacuum the dirt out of those.

I don't know, they probably have to learn to live in the same house again after the months of DH working on the prior house to get it ready while Debby was at the course house, then Debby and cats moved there but DH was still managing the course many many miles away! Weekend visits!

Yep, lots of time and money go into the stupid pool every summer. DW might go walk around in it this afternoon. If she does it will be the first time this year. She goes in MAYBE twice a week between the end of June and mid August.

The cement in the pool at my sister's in So Cal. cracked (no idea how old it was but plenty old) and she decided to get rid of it since it wasn't being used much. You can't legally just fill in the hole so she had to pay MANY, MANY, MANY thousands of dollars to have the concrete removed then the hole filled in. Part of that expense was due to the closeness of the houses. On the "accessible without stairs" side the gate isn't wide enough for a wheelbarrow so the workers had to walk it all out the other side and down the stairs. I'm sure it would have been cheaper if there was space for a skidsteer.

Thanks Bruce! He can’t hear out of the one ear. It has something to do with 2 bones fusing together. They will take that out and put titanium ones in. He could skip it but it’s already costed him lots of money between doctors and a CT scan. This hospital is out of our network so will cost even more. If he knew he had to jump through so many hoops, he wouldn’t have done anything.
On his list of things that need to be done, a Covid test is not required. I think someone screwed up.
Interesting about your muscle pain. Weird how many different things are caused by Covid. I completely lost my taste and smell at Thanksgiving, what I have now is almost worse. I can’t explain how awful it is. At least 2 of my co-workers have the same thing…thought I was going crazy. I can’t stand the smell of dirt. Fabric softener gags me. So many things have a metal, chemical taste to them. I pray someday I am normal again.
A fan and 63* is great for sleeping. :D

That is strange 🤔
I can't even bear a warm bedroom I just wake up thirsty then have too keep visiting the bathroom :th

That's strange 🤔

Equally as strange I was replying too you and then my box closed so I had to search again to reply 🙃
I can't sleep when my bedroom is warm let alone that sort of heat I just want to drink and go to the bathroom all night 😩

I would love a salt pool

Back
Top Bottom