The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Maybe a giant Koi pond!
I like that idea!
The cats seem to have adjusted to this house ok. The trip down was hard on them so maybe part of them being ok with the new house, is just being out of the car. :lol:

Still debating on getting chickens. Things will have get settled inside the house before we can tackle anything outside.
Have you found a new veterinarian? I don't blame you for getting the house in order, before making decisions on anything else. How are you adjusting to the change in weather?

I like that idea!

Have you found a new veterinarian? I don't blame you for getting the house in order, before making decisions on anything else. How are you adjusting to the change in weather?

We found a wonderful new vet for the cats, it's a cats-only clinic and they've already had their first visit. It's about 30 minutes from here to get down to Destin but after 4 days in the car to get here, the 30 minutes seems to be ok with the cats. 🐱 And it's a really pretty drive for us, we see the Bay and the Gulf both.
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 10.26.23 AM.png

Good morning DMC! we got some rain and the garden is looking better.
Good to hear. My tomato and pepper plants got hurt pretty good with the 2 storms we had but are looking much better. I just got done hoeing it. The weeds are thriving! I’m still trying to get potato bugs under control. :sick
Good morning everyone.

Happy birthday @Boppo 🎉

Going to be a busy day. Gotta clean outside so, hopefully I can get done before it gets hot.

@DigMyChicks good luck with the contractors. A deck with some shade sounds pretty nice 😎

@N F C omgoodness your weather! Is there anything you can give them to help with the stress from the storms?
Stella is scared of fireworks and thunderstorms but manageable if indoors; Shadow does not mind them at all.
Thanks Mad! My cats will love it:lol:
Hope the repair guy has some good news about getting some fixes done for you DMC. It's great you have a good one to work with!
Me too Debby, thanks!

Did you find what you were looking for while shopping yesterday?
We found a wonderful new vet for the cats, it's a cats-only clinic and they've already had their first visit. It's about 30 minutes from here to get down to Destin but after 4 days in the car to get here, the 30 minutes seems to be ok with the cats. 🐱 And it's a really pretty drive for us, we see the Bay and the Gulf both.
View attachment 3165179
Awesome!

Good morning, Bruce 🦋 Maybe it's time to fill in the pool and plant a garden in its space.
That would be a REALLY big raised bed! Are there any carrots that grow to 4-5' long so I could make full use of the depth?

Maybe a giant Koi pond!
Will you come pick up the Koi for the winter? The ice is thick enough to walk on, probably 2'-3' thick though I've not drilled through it to see if it is safe for ice fishing ;)

I see another possible problem, I'm not sure DW wants to wade with Koi and Koi crap!

That would be a REALLY big raised bed! Are there any carrots that grow to 4-5' long so I could make full use of the depth?

Will you come pick up the Koi for the winter? The ice is thick enough to walk on, probably 2'-3' thick though I've not drilled through it to see if it is safe for ice fishing ;)

I see another possible problem, I'm not sure DW wants to wade with Koi and Koi crap!

Don't fish just sink to the bottom and kind of go to sleep when it gets freezing cold?

As for the wading with Koi crap, I hear it's a highly sought beauty treatment for feet and much in demand. So if your wife won't wade in it, maybe you can sell wading sessions.

Back
Top Bottom