The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

No air conditioning? Will you be getting one installed, or is that common there?
Although, when I was a kid, we only had fans. No a/c. And when i loved in the Cumberlands, hardly any one had central air or air conditioning. I didn't really notice it ever being unbearable back then.

It is much easier when one has hope. I'm still hoping for several days of steady rain. My husband is pretty depressed though. He is an outdoorsy person, and gardening is life to him.
He is really hating the heat, and his blood sugar is staying a little high, no matter how well he eats. And he does eat well. He has been very good about educated himself about diabetes, since being diagnosed in 2007. He has more self discipline than the average person.
We had a window air conditioner in our bedroom when the kids were little. They slept on the floor in our room many nights when it was hot. We had a wall unit in the dining room which helped keep the humidity out. We got central air in 2010.

We had a window air conditioner in our bedroom when the kids were little. They slept on the floor in our room many nights when it was hot. We had a wall unit in the dining room which helped keep the humidity out. We got central air in 2010.

When I was a kid in Kansas our house didn't have central air but mom & dad put a window a/c in my brother's bedroom because of his severe asthma and allergies. Many summer nights my sister and I fell asleep on the hallway floor enjoying the little bit of cold air that seeped underneath his door :lol:

When I was a kid in Kansas our house didn't have central air but mom & dad put a window a/c in my brother's bedroom because of his severe asthma and allergies. Many summer nights my sister and I fell asleep on the hallway floor enjoying the little bit of cold air that seeped underneath his door :lol:
I think I would have slept on his floor :lol:
Growing up we had fans. I remember keeping a wet washcloth on me to help cool off.

I think I would have slept on his floor :lol:
Growing up we had fans. I remember keeping a wet washcloth on me to help cool off.

We weren't allowed in his room. I think that rule had something to do with him being the 1st born or maybe from being the only boy or maybe just because he was a jerk (I still call him that so he knows) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom