The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You’re a good chicken mom! The things we do for our babies, lol.

I’m headed to the ice machine in a few minutes. I do have an ice maker, but it can’t keep up with 20 lbs of ice a day plus enough for the humans to use.
I put out iced electrolytes this morning and soaked a little feed in it too. We have a high of 104, so I don't think it will be too horrible today. If it would cool off at night it would be so much easier on the chickens.

I put out iced electrolytes this morning and soaked a little feed in it too. We have a high of 104, so I don't think it will be too horrible today. If it would cool off at night it would be so much easier on the chickens.
I’ve been making a wet mash in the morning with electrolytes in it, usually if it’s in the water they don’t drink it so it’s a waste. Add it to some feed with a scoop of soaked seeds and they gobble it up like candy.

I’ve been making a wet mash in the morning with electrolytes in it, usually if it’s in the water they don’t drink it so it’s a waste. Add it to some feed with a scoop of soaked seeds and they gobble it up like candy.
Same. I occasionally add frozen blueberries to their water too. It's an expensive treat for 60+ chickens, but there is no waste. They gobble the blueberries and drink all the water. We do end up with some blue feet though. 🤣

Good morning, DMC. It's an impressive building. I hope they finish it before your winter weather comes.
Hi Janie, thank you! If they are not done by then, things will get ugly. The big door was set to be installed a couple weeks ago. The shed hardly had a frame. Hubby called the guy who sold us the shed. The door isn’t even made yet. I would dare say it will be August before it’s done. This has been a sh*t show!
Good morning everyone 😊 have a good day
Hi Sue, you also!

When it was 1st built it was for smaller campers and tents. The campers have gotten much larger and they are packed in like sardines.
Yep, camping the way I remember it. I recall my younger sister and I playing with cars around the trees in Sequoia National Park as kids. Couldn't even see the tent sites on either side.

Not sure why I would want to go "camping" if I spend the time closer to my temporary neighbors than I did with the prior neighbors in the old neighborhood - houses 5', or sometimes less, apart on 4300 sq ft lots.

Mid 90's used to be the norm.
When I moved here in '79 it would hit the low 90s maybe once or twice a year. No more, 90s common and even into the low 100s last year.

IMG_5053.jpeg
Hmmm, there are sheds and then there are SHEDS!

I think your shed is bigger than my house and the neighbor's combined.
Yep, bigger than my house and bigger barn combined!

Same. I occasionally add frozen blueberries to their water too. It's an expensive treat for 60+ chickens, but there is no waste. They gobble the blueberries and drink all the water. We do end up with some blue feet though. 🤣
Yup, blue feet and blue blobs of poop all over lol.

My crew loves melons too, if I find those fruit platters on clearance I buy them and they get a smorgasbord.

Back
Top Bottom