The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

@TheDawg , I feel some of your pain ♡
It was tuff navigating a relationship with my mom and I lost her a few years back. I've come to understand that we can't give what we don't have, and that goes for me too. She and I did our best with what we had. I told her I loved her almost everytime we talked and that has to be good enough. No one is perfect ♡
We just burried our last parent 2 Wednesday's ago. That made 4 parents in less than 8 years. Getting old... really bites in some ways. We just gotta keep being and doing our best ♡♡♡ :hugsBe gentile with yourself. It takes time to process big complicated things.

I found sewing spent feed bags for nonprofits helped me a lot, as mom my was a quilter and it made me feel closer to her. So, I'd chat with her while I sewed... not out loud though lol
And I just started fish bowls to help with our winter mosquitos. Very therapeutic, inexpensive and easy ♡ Added tranquility is always a plus
20230626_094435.jpg
20230819_134419.jpg
20230819_134458.jpg

:love:eek::loveoh my goodness! So beautiful and professional! What an amazing job!

Leslie is my 1st birth name, TB also works. Feels weird using real names on byc 😂

Good morning all, as it is still morning here. 8:30am and I just made my first cup of Joe. Def got a slow roll going this morning watching cooking on Magnolia Network.

I am in the process of converting my roo/grow out pen into a catio so I can socialize and foster kittens. I want to do a bunch of mosaics on/in/for it. Floor, shelves, boxes and pedestals etc.View attachment 3614988
My step son and hubby poured the concrete floor for me a little over 1 week ago. Hope to start pulling tile out of storage in the next day or so ♡

I'll just call you TB, thanks! Typing TropicalBabies was tiring :gig

Wonderful idea to re-purpose that for a catio! I definitely want to see any cat/kitten pictures (yeah, I'm one of those crazy cat ladies). And your idea to put in mosaic will make it amazing! Keep us posted on how it's coming along.

It was tuff navigating a relationship with my mom and I lost her a few years back. I've come to understand that we can't give what we don't have, and that goes for me too. She and I did our best with what we had. I told her I loved her almost everytime we talked and that has to be good enough. No one is perfect ♡
We just burried our last parent 2 Wednesday's ago. That made 4 parents in less than 8 years. Getting old... really bites in some ways. We just gotta keep being and doing our best ♡♡♡ :hugsBe gentile with yourself. It takes time to process big complicated things.

I found sewing spent feed bags for nonprofits helped me a lot, as mom my was a quilter and it made me feel closer to her. So, I'd chat with her while I sewed... not out loud though lol
And I just started fish bowls to help with our winter mosquitos. Very therapeutic, inexpensive and easy ♡ Added tranquility is always a plusView attachment 3615000View attachment 3614998View attachment 3614997

I'm sorry for your losses. Relationships are tough and all we can do is do our best :hugs

Love the planters and fish! You must be able to grow stuff outside all year, right?

And I just started fish bowls to help with our winter mosquitos. Very therapeutic, inexpensive and easy ♡ Added tranquility is always a plusView attachment 3615000View attachment 3614998View attachment 3614997
Thank you, I appreciate that. And sorry for your losses as well ❤️:hugs most of the time I feel like I should be over it by now but I’m not and that annoys me. I’ve also lost all my grandparents too so that sucks too. I lost two grandparents and a parent all in a year and a half which was definitely rough but yeah. I’m still getting over it all. Lost my dad’s mom 2015 and then my mom’s mom Nov 2020 (which I think made contributed to mom’s demise as they talked every day), mom April 2021 (though it all started in March and was 6 weeks of heck before the loss), then finally her dad last May (2022). I never met my dad’s dad. He died well before I was born. But yeah… lots of losses. I don’t think I’m over any of them. And there’s guilt surrounding most of them too. Sorry to get all depressing though.

Well gang. It is a beautiful Sunday (still morning) here. My Maui refugee is doing well. Done with quarantine and hung out with his brother yesterday. Did him well and I hope he chooses to stick around. Been giving him his space to process and he seems to enjoy my company more when I show up to say 'hi' and then depart.
We have to go to Lihue town this next week to apply for all his necessary paperwork, needed shoes and clothing and maybe a good plate lunch 😉 mom stuff♡
I rode up the day b4 and made him a huge bowl of salad, pasta, Zucchini and Korean chicken. Nuff for a small army. Today I'll ride up and maybe make an awesome scramble and whatever else he wants. Koke'e is very healing and I hope it and the chickens are doing their magic. ♡♡♡ He has been a good chicken tender

Well gang. It is a beautiful Sunday (still morning) here. My Maui refugee is doing well. Done with quarantine and hung out with his brother yesterday. Did him well and I hope he chooses to stick around. Been giving him his space to process and he seems to enjoy my company more when I show up to say 'hi' and then depart.
We have to go to Lihue town this next week to apply for all his necessary paperwork, needed shoes and clothing and maybe a good plate lunch 😉 mom stuff♡
I rode up the day b4 and made him a huge bowl of salad, pasta, Zucchini and Korean chicken. Nuff for a small army. Today I'll ride up and maybe make an awesome scramble and whatever else he wants. Koke'e is very healing and I hope it and the chickens are doing their magic. ♡♡♡ He has been a good chicken tender
:love :hugs

I'm sorry for your losses. Relationships are tough and all we can do is do our best :hugs

Love the planters and fish! You must be able to grow stuff outside all year, right?
Yes. It can get pretty warm on my side of isle and the wrong plants will stress in summers. But as a whole, especially in the shade, it is LOVELY 😍

Glad he's feeling better!

I'll just call you TB, thanks! Typing TropicalBabies was tiring :gig

Wonderful idea to re-purpose that for a catio! I definitely want to see any cat/kitten pictures (yeah, I'm one of those crazy cat ladies). And your idea to put in mosaic will make it amazing! Keep us posted on how it's coming along.
Oh my gosh, kitty photos of my gang?!!! :lol:💕
42905.jpeg
Forest, or Nahele
42904.jpeg
20230807_190120.jpg
20230717_155528.jpg
20230726_103344.jpg

☝️My last foster fail. Trapped him up Koke'e a few years ago, could not part with him. Total pal and BEST KITTY EVER! Never leaves my side.
20230615_144732.jpg
Batman, (sitting with me now) second child ♡ super hero in every way. Dogs found him in our Lauhala tree.
20230711_073625~2.jpg
42882.jpeg
Mochi San and Mango Pieces. Found them near death while shoveling mulch on private property at a green waste dump. The equiptment must have distroyed moms nest. Only 2 survivors 😥
42908.jpeg
20230531_080549.jpg

Mochi San, very visually impaired but still manages to have adventures
42883.jpeg
42884.jpeg
20230602_071255.jpg

Mochi's sister, Mango Pieces.
42886.jpeg
42885.jpeg
42880.jpeg

Our old gal Marley. First in command, boss of us all. A tiny kitten, found in a gutter on Maui, 14 years ago.
42881.jpeg
20230531_191217.jpg

I have a small slathering of kittens that I have trapped and socialized, or fostered and rehomed. But these are my babies.

Back
Top Bottom