The Northern Howl (please read & comment) chapter 4 is here!!!!!

wildriverswolf90

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
polk county, NC
102514_wildriverswolf90_coveredit.jpg
. Picture edited by: luvinmychickens !!

This is my story if you read please don't copy it! I have worked very hard on this story and am looking into publishing it! ENJOY!!
Please forgive all spelling and punction errors as I am using my cell phone! Thanks.

Chapter 1 “Eclipse”
The great moon rose high, casting its pale reflection on the river. The river this night was a raging, deadly torrent that snaked its way through a valley. The valley lay south of Granite peak and most nights was calm and quite. But tonight it erupted with choas!!
In the light of the moon a white wolf staggered into a clearing, her name was Snowflower. Seconds later a beautiful black wolf burst out of the trees, her name was Eclipse. Eclipse had finally caught up with the intruder and began to close in.…Snowflower was out of options, the chase had taken it toll on her old body and she was no match for the young Eclipse. As Eclipse moved in the ill and starving Snowflower backed towards the river. Eclipse leapt, just as the earth beanth Snowflower gave out...the white wolf was lost to the river! Free of her intruder Eclipse set off to find food....

Last edited:
Chapter 1 continued...

Eclipse was nearly two years old, but she had been alone since she was only year.... Her parents had been alphas of a large pack in the far east mountians, and life had been easy. She had grown up with a large litter and was always picked on for being the only black one. As she got older her father began teaching them to hunt but many hunts just turned into play time. Those good memories were forever tainted; fur hunters killed her whole pack and while the first gunshots rang out she ran!
Some 100 miles later she reached the valley. And here at only one year old she began to learn to survive. When her 1st winter in the valley came she tried to join a pack over the mountians but they wouldn't have it. So alone it the valley she staved off hunger by hunting mice. As her 1st spring in the valley dawned she could hear the neighbor pack welcoming new pups.!
Now more than ever Eclipse felt truly alone. And now as her 2nd winter begans she'd give anything to curl up with a mate

Its great! This is the first wolf story on here and since my favorite animal is a wolf its even better! I will keep up with this story so keep writing!
big_smile.png
wink.png

Chapter 2 “approaching danger”

Eclipse layed in the snow, catching her breath after chasing down Snowflower. It was cold and windy and ice was sticking to her fur. She shivered and thought it to cold to hunt, but she needed food badly!
This was the harshest winter in years and food was scarce. Eclipse's ribs were showing and her once luscious coat had become dull and started to fall out! So driven by hunger she sent off to find dinner.
She began a steady trot towards the valley enterance. A place of danger because at the mouth of the valley was a native american settlement! AH HA luck was with her today, out in the field was a horse! Eclipse saw that it was lame and may be an easy catch! She sunk to the ground the darkness hiding her body. She began to crawl foward, seemingly gliding across the ground like a shadow! She came to a stop beneath a large pine tree with low hanging boughs. She waited..every muscle in her body poised to spring...the horse took a couple steps foward...this was it!! Eclipse leapt but the horse quick it took a step back and Eclipse missed hitting the ground with a thud. She got up and turned on the horse sinking her teeth into it's upper leg. The horse bucked sending her into the air, the horse then delivered a second bone crushing kick. Eclipse was sent flying in the same large pine tree. She hit the boughs and crashed to the ground. Her body throbbed with pain and her shoulder sported a jagged gash from the hoof ripping her flesh. Now she lay in a puddle of snow and blood and she was still hungry. Just as she blacked out from the pain she could voices coming her way.………

Back
Top Bottom