The Northern Howl

Awww!!!
I love this story!!
love.gif

Chapter 10: a normal day

Eclipse and Aki jogged back into the den site.
     "Skyuka?" Aki barked, wondering if she had stuck around.
Eclipse panted, tired from the lengthy trek up the mountain. She nuzzled the tiny helpless pups. Since she herself had only given birth a couple days ago, she was still producing milk and was able to give the pups some much need nourishment.  She looked up at Aki and smiled,  'they may not be her pups but she would still get to be a mom.' She thought
   Skyuka walked out of the den yawning, she was tired and her fur was still matted with soot.
     "Hi." She smiled weakly, still not feeling entirely welcome.
  "Who are they?" Aki asked motioning to the tiny pups.
  "I......I.... I don't know." she stammered. "The alpha was pregnant, but...but I didn't think she had given birth yet." She frowned at the pups.
   "She most not have been able to get to them." Eclipse said sadly. "Anyway, they are safe now and I will care for them." She picked up one, a little boy and walked into the den. Aki followed her, carrying the little female. He set the pup down by his mate, smiled, and then walked back out.
    "Come on!" He smiled at Skyuka and sprinted into the forest.
Skyuka looked at the dens, then chased after her new alpha. She felt a joyous feeling pound in her chest, rising into a howl.
  Aki laughed and flew over a fallen log, with ease. His long huge legs, carried him fast and far with each stride. Soon, he caught the scent of deer, and nipped at Skyuka.
   Skyuka silenced her howl and crouched down beside Aki, they peered through the bushes at a large herd of deer. She looked at Aki, from the corner of her eye. 
    "I'm not much of a hunter." She whispered.
   "Then its time to learn," he boasted "watch the master and do what I say."

Back at the dens Eclipse snuggled and nursed the pups. She licked them clean, removing the black soot and dirt, to reveal a white female and dark gray male. She cocked her head, watching them, trying to decide what to name them.
    "I know." She whispered and curled up to nap with her new charges.

Aki burst from the bushes, leaves clinging to his fur. He barked and charged the herd, forcing his way into the middle. He snapped at the heels of the wide eyed panicking beasts and drove them into a stampede.
   Sky followed, warily, in back, keeping the herd moving forward, towards a thickly packed area of the forest. She growled and snapped, but kept several feet away from the razor hooves, that were kicking out.
   Aki ran in the middle of the herd, slowing the deer behind him, and forcing them to move out to the side, while driving the head of the herd faster and head on into the forest. The lead deer crashed through the tree line, trampling everything, but slowed by the heavy thorns, thick brush and tightly growing saplings. Aki fell back to a steady trot, resting and watching for a deer to get stuck.
   Skyuka watched the panicked animals kick and rip through the forest, amazed by how they had the strength to do so.
  "We are waiting for the one that can't" Aki said, seeing the look on her face.
    "Why?" She asked and they danced in and out of the herd, keeping them in a panic.  "Why not just take one now?"
   We are waiting for the weakest one." He said. "An easy catch, that is little risk to us."
Suddenly he heard a distress call and raced into the forest. A young fawn and become ensnared in the thorns. Aki instinctively ran to the front of the deer, snapping at its face, drawing its attention. He eyed Sky and nodded.
Sky lunged for the neck, delivering a fatal bite. Aki smiled at her and laid down to eat his fill. Sky copied and tore ravenously into the meat. Once both of them had stuffed themselves and their bellies were fit to pop, they stood to leave. Aki ripped a huge chunk from the deer and proudly carried it back to Eclipse.
      Eclipse was outside waiting for them, the young pups wriggling at her feet.
"Welcome back." She smiled, an overwhelming feeling washed over her. 'I have a pack!' She thought.
Aki placed the piece of meat at her feet. "I hope you like it." He said happily. Then he looked at the pups. "We should name them." He said.
Eclipse bolted the large chunk of meat. "Yes we should." She smiled, then nudged the male pup. "Koga." She said and nudged the female. "Ioka." She looked up "what do you think?"
Aki cocked his head. "I was thinking.... Sooka for the male and Lita for the female." He turned to Sky. ''What do you think?"
"O.....I....Uh.....maybe, Nighta for male and Luna for the female?" She smiled shyly.

(Ok now which names do you guys like the best?)

Sorry been SUPER busy with the farm :th and shows and babies hatching and being born everywhere :th ugh who said running a farm by yourself was fun? Huh? Well, they lied :lol:
Okay anyway, I haven't had a chance to sit down and write anything. :( I promise I will get a new chapter up soon, just stay patient with me.

Sorry been SUPER busy with the farm
th.gif
and shows and babies hatching and being born everywhere
th.gif
ugh who said running a farm by yourself was fun? Huh? Well, they lied
lol.png

Okay anyway, I haven't had a chance to sit down and write anything.
sad.png
I promise I will get a new chapter up soon, just stay patient with me.
hugs.gif
I know how that feels. We had a tidal wave of baby sheep and goats being born over the past month. Crazy!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom