the odd things that chickens eat

shaggy

Songster
10 Years
May 11, 2009
Orange, Texas
i was bar-b-q'ing pork ribs 2 weeks ago and i wanted a sample of the goodness and tryed to tear off a piece of meat ... ended up with a chunk of fat

tossed it into the yard and the chickens got it before the dogs did .... now they are hanging out near my bar-b-q pit a lit ...... muwahahahaha

also gave them some leftover mac and cheese --- purple hull pea's -- cornbread --- homemade salsa --- and leftover peach cobbler

might see how they do with leftover cole slaw tonight

i've noticed my chickens don't care for mayo type salads....
but i had theis "coleslaw" that had no mayo, we thought it was awful... just vinegar pretty much w/ cabbage.. they LOVED it.....
my ducks gobbled up mac and cheese before the chickens got a chance

chickensducks&agoose :

My DS (age 6) dropped a handful of skittles, and in a FLASH of beaks and feathers, they were GONE! But no rainbow eggs afterwards...

yuckyuck.gif

Odd? My Lilith has eaten broken glass, soda can pop tops, cigarette butts...if it's not meant to be eaten, Lilith will give it a try!
barnie.gif

I made the mistake of feeding them bits from the grill and now I can't grill without a dedicated and somewhat pushy audience.

My Mom held up a butt to my RIR and her and my sister spent 10 minutes chasing her down to get it before I killed them.
She thinks its funny
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom