"The official S n M Poultry mini coop"[Pics]

S n M Poultry

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Riverside,CA
I was brain storming yesterday about building a new coop. I then rememberd that i had a rabbit hutch with a hole in the back for acsses to a nesting box from the back. I took the wood out of the hole and scooted the hutch up against my chicken tractor and traced the square of the hutch onto the back of the tractor. I cut the square out and and lined it up with the square on the hutch and what do you no...Ive cated a masterpice Here are the pics:
jeffrey100.jpg

This is the side view
jeffrey101.jpg

This is the frontal view. You can see the chick door that leads to the run.
jeffrey102.jpg

This is the view from the run. It leads into the hutch.

I still need to put a ramp but anyways tell me what you think. Also tell mt what i need to change if there is anything i need to change.

Last edited:
looks good . only thing i cant tell by the picture but is the door big enough.if it is looks good to me nice job being creative.
smile.png

Thank you for posting this....I have a larger rabbit hutch just sitting here doing nuttin...............never thought of attaching a run........... cool........nice job ! I want some Moderns so bad !

I think you're actually onto something genius here!

I've always avoided tractors for the thought of trying to get the hens into it and then back into my main coop at night. Something detachable like this could really make that whole thing much easier....

The go into the movable "run" in the morning, you move it around, then at night before it gets dark you re-attach it back to the main coop and they instinctively go back to their favorite roosts!

Back
Top Bottom